PDA

View Full Version : Help my Congradulate Fred Moreo for finishing 3rd place in the NBRSA Eastern Finale!!

Pages : 1 [2]

sharpshooter
10-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Good job Fred! Glad to see another person doing well with a Savage in the BR sports; it gives me hope for my .30 BR I have in the works ;)

Question for ya... one of the commonly cited 'problems' with using a Savage in formal BR is that the action, even after truing & timing, isn't as light or as smooth as a full custom action which supposedly makes it difficult to 'run' the conditions as fast as those actions. Did you run a given condition, or did you read/adjust for the conditions changes as you went?

I've never had a problem running in conditions that were steady, I commonly can get 5 shots off in less than 30 seconds. I do that all the time in long range. This situation was different for the fact it was so switchy the conditions would not hold over 5 seconds at times. Plenty of times I got 2 shots off with holes touching, then the condition would do an about face and I had to wait it out. After the first 3 targets I came to the conclusion that in the 7 minute firing period it seemed like you would get 6 golden opportunities to get 5 bullets down range in the same condition. So you did not want to waste any opportunities, nor think too long. On the last 2 targets the opportunities dropped to about 4, so I had to hold for the "not quite there" conditions and hope for the best. That actually worked well, until the last target when I got confused and impatient and held in the opposite direction. That turned a .500 group into a 1.129, which was still smaller than most shot on that relay.
On a few of the targets, I went back to the sighter to see results of the second most prominent condition, and by the time I got back to the record target, it would change back, so then on I would not gamble a sighter shot because of the loss in time and opportunity.

82boy
10-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Here is Jack Neary's report on the event.
http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?84709-Hurricane-Sandy-Pays-Visit-to-79th-Annual-Shelby-County-Fall-Finale-Match!

drybean
10-31-2012, 10:29 AM
AN congrads to you Pat

drybean

82boy
10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
AN congrads to you Pat
drybean

Thank you,

frank1947
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Great!

frank1947
01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
i JUST READ THE RESULTS , i assume by other poster Patrick Kennedy is you 82boy if so good job !

82boy
01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
i JUST READ THE RESULTS , i assume by other poster Patrick Kennedy is you 82boy if so good job !
yup, thats me.

psharon97
01-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Way to go Fred!

Stockrex
01-05-2013, 09:34 AM
congrats to both of ya, Fred and Pat,
Hey Fred, which front rest are you using?

Dennis
01-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Congradulations to both of you!

Dennis

sharpshooter
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
That's actually rest I built from an old linear table. The windage is on the linear table as opposed to the being on the top. It makes it a lot easier to adjust windage from same position as adjusting elevation on the speed screw. This is primarily my long range rest, but I was having some bag problems with my lighter rest that day and solved the problem with this one. It weighs 40 lbs.