PDA

View Full Version : Hello new here and I have a ?

174in
12-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I purchased my first savage last week after hearing about how good of a rifle they make.It had to be ordered it a model 111 fcns I believe it has the accustock.It sounds to me that they are backorderd or some thing so I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how long it will take to get

Dennis
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
You state you purchased it! You supplier has the best options to expedite the order. If it is backordered, then I would try to find one in stock. Usually Cabela's has a good Savage inventory.

BrentWin
12-29-2009, 02:09 PM
That common of a rifle shouldn't be a long wait. A lot would depend on who it was ordered from and whether they go direct to Savage or thru a wholesaler.

I the mean time, welcome to the dark side and read up. There is a ton of info on this sight. By the time you get your rifle, you will have all kinds of crazy ideas on how you want to customize it. ;D

174in
12-29-2009, 03:48 PM
I know cabelas has one in stock but I refuse to buy anything from them any more and I only by new guns from my gunsmith any more unless it is a brand he dosnt carry.I am getting exited about this rifle and hope it shoots great.I am fed up with buying new rifles and having to stick another $100.00's or more in them to get them to shoot respectfully.

GUNFANATIC
12-29-2009, 04:13 PM
What caliber did you order? The only thing you may want to do to your rifle is to file down the inside edges of the barrel channel. Those plastic stocks tend to flex a bit. You may want to ask your gunsmith about that when it comes in. Other than that, you're gonna love it. I haven't had one yet that wasn't a great shooter right outa the box.

GUNFANATIC
12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
OOPS! I just noticed you said it has the ACCU-STOCK.........so...........forget what I just said about flex. ::)

174in
12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
I told my dealer to get me a 25-06 or 270 wich ever one he gets his hands on first.I just wish the hunter model came with a 24 in barrel instead of the 22.