PDA

View Full Version : 358 barrel

Ishooter
10-26-2012, 01:02 PM
I have to ask what is probably a dumb question.

I am looking for a used or new 358 Winchester barrel. Midway has a new one for $200. The only problem is it is listed as a 110 barrel. My question is will it fit a Savage Model 11?

I thought that the barrels were all interchangeable except for the big shank and small shank. How can you tell witch one you have? Big shank or small shank.

My Savage is a model 11 FCNS and it has the accustock and accutrigger. As far as the barrel locking nut goes it is smooth. How do you remove it?

Thank you much for your time and information. Have a great day.

Lefty'06
10-26-2012, 03:26 PM
A large shank barrel will have a very noticeable ridge on the barrel in front of the barrel nut

barthowes
10-26-2012, 04:39 PM
you can either buy the wrench for the smooth nut from one of the sponser's here, or use a pipe wrench and buy a new notched one. It's actually cheaper just but the new nut, that is what I did. PS that barrel from midway isn't in stock yet.. I've had one on backorder there for 3-4 months now. they've changed the BO date twice

barthowes
10-29-2012, 09:13 AM
just to give a Midway update. The 358 win barrel is now backordered till July 2013. There is no way it takes a year to get the barrels to Midway.

devildogandboy
10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
A large shank barrel will have a very noticeable ridge on the barrel in front of the barrel nut

this should help clarify the difference.
http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?127-Savage-Barrel-Shank-Sizes