PDA

View Full Version : New centerfeed magazine length

efm77
12-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I have heard that the new centerfeed magazines are longer than the older stagger feed magazines. If so does anyone know how much longer? Would a long action centerfeed be long enough to house a cartridge the length of say a 300 weatherby or other full length cartridge? By that I mean a long action originally made for something like a 300 win mag not one that was already a RUM or H&H magazine length.
Thanks.

sharpshooter
12-30-2009, 12:33 AM
The center feeds are no longer than the stagger feeds.

efm77
12-30-2009, 08:36 AM
OK, thanks for the clarification.

MSG Janoski
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
If I may tag onto this thread...what is the procedure for disassembling the new center feed box magazines?

sharpshooter
12-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Disassemble what part? Are you talking about removing magazine from the stock, or...diassembling the bottom from a detachable box magazine.?

MSG Janoski
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Disassemble what part? Are you talking about removing magazine from the stock, or...diassembling the bottom from a detachable box magazine.?

Disassembling the magazine to clean it. Just spraying water and brake cleaner does not do it when you get dirt, mud, twigs and crap in it after a tactical engagement. I've looked at the plastic cap on the base but I don't see how to pop it off without possibly breaking the "nubs" that are inside it.

sharpshooter
12-31-2009, 06:48 PM
First of all the bottom cap is not plastic, it is investment cast steel. To get it off, just sqweeze the sides of the mag box to disengage the tabs that hook into it.

MSG Janoski
12-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks I'll give that a try...looked at it again and indeed it is metal, but I'll say it sure looks and feels like some type of plastic!