PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Subsonic Accuracy of Mark II FV-SR

mstarling
10-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Gents,

Anyone use the Mark II FV-SR with CCI Standard Velocity ammunition?

What sort of accuracy are you getting?

Am seriously considering the acquisition of one.

Thanks,

Mike

thomae
10-20-2012, 10:04 PM
I have a Savage MKII GVXP. (Bull Barrel, wood stock). With CCI Standard Velocity I get groups of .50 to .55" (center to center) at 50 yards. My best 5-shot group is .411" CTC. So far, the only thing that has beaten it with me behind the trigger at 50 yards is 5 shots of Eley Tenex at .341" with a flier (.122" without the flier). Of course, just because it works in my barrel, does not mean it will work in yours.

mstarling
10-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Thomae,

Sounds like a decent chance it would work. Is plenty good enough for a suppressed squirrel getter.

Thank you!

Handloader
10-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I can comment in good detail on this. I picked the cheap threaded Savage 22lr in the plastic stock with the short barrel. The Savage shot so-so. I built a Form 1 suppressor after Uncle Sam sent me back my $200 stamp, and the rifle still shot about the same while being "stupid quiet." My two son's pick me up a Boyds Tacticool Stock for Father's day, and I bedded the rifle to the stock (no, I did not install pillars). IIn addition, I added the ball point spring to the trigger group. The stock and bedding job completely changed the dynamics of the rifle. It really likes CCI standard velocity, and shoots MOA at 100 yards with the occasional flyer. That said, My two boy's and I can hammer a 1 in. spinner at 100 yards 5 out of 5 times more often than naught with that ammunition. Wolf, Lapua, and Ely all shoot good, but the CCI Standard shoots great!

BoilerUP
10-23-2012, 08:04 PM
SV shoots very well from my FV-SR.