PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Mag DBM install questions

sortafast
10-19-2012, 12:03 PM
So I have a non-accutrigger 110 action that I picked up, also traded into an Accurate Mag bottom metal with the detachable mag. issue becomes, the bottom metal came of the 338 HS Precision stock that comes from the factory with the detachable mag set up. This has an opening of 3.850" but my receiver is only 3.715". Now I do have a knee mill and a lathe sitting in my garage, so machining the opening should be a fairly easy task. My question is, can I do this and still have a safe action? Do I just lop 0.135" off the back of the opening and be good to go? Is there any other difference or things I should look for? I am not above making things that I might need for this gun. I just don't want to F the thing up and have an expensive paperweight sitting on my bench.

sortafast
10-31-2012, 01:16 PM
well, looks like we will just have to roll the dice on this one then. Inletting the stock for the DBM, and going to order up a mag soon and see what happens.

sortafast
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Took about 2hrs to inlet the choate stock once I got the 1" endmill to do the radii on the front of the inlet. Over all wasn't that bad. Got a magazine on the way to check for height, then its on to opening up the receiver a bit to accomodate the mag, assuming everything will work. might post pics later. Should be a pretty sweet build if everything works out.

geargrinder
11-05-2012, 10:28 PM
I'd love to see the pics. Was the stock already inletted for DBM?

sortafast
11-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd love to see the pics. Was the stock already inletted for DBM?
no. The previous owner started the install with hand tools, and thankfully didn't get far enough to screw stuff up too bad. it just got a little wide by the trigger guard, but not terrible. Will try to take some pics a bit later.

sortafast
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Here are a couple pics of my handy work. I had to turn the screw heads down a bit to make them fit (bought at the hardware store), then I cold blued them to make them look sweet. I am not waiting on a mag from Accurate Mag to test and make sure I set the depth right, then I need to open up the botton of the receiver a little bit to accommodate the longer mag length. Should be pretty sweet when I am don with it. Am also having a friend that makes kydex/leather hybrid holsters make me a cheek riser, and I will be trying to back engineer a tubb 4way adjustable butt plate to fit this stock as well. Although I dont think it will have an adjustment for cant. Just in/out and up and down. Just wish I had more $$$ to push this project along faster.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/2185/img6973o.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/1107/img6971xa.jpg