PDA

View Full Version : McGowen Precision Barrels

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Dennis
01-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Dan, thank you for coming onto the site when you hear things that need to be addresses. Its nice to see.

Guys, as if that wasnt enough to show you he cares about the Savage community, I can add some too it. I have spoken with Dan quite a few times over the past few years. I have owned probably 8-9 of his barrels over that time period and every single one of them shoot lights out, and Dan and his employees have been nothing but professional in my dealings with them, but theres more.

As many of you know Myself and a bunch of other members get together here in the central Pa area for a "Pa Savageshoot". Each year we have grown and now have around 30 people attend. Well 2-3 years ago I called Dan and spoke with him about my dealings with their barrels and also what we were doing for the Shootout, and I asked him if there would be anything he could do as a donation so I could raffle it off to help offset some of the costs of the shoot, or give it away as a prize or something. What I was hoping for was maybe a gift certificate for a discount on a barrel or something, but what I got was much more than that! Dan replied to me that he would donate the barrel of my choice, completely threaded, chambered, and ready for use!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He even paid for the shipping ! If that does not show his committment to the Savage community and to the members of this site then I do not know what else does.

Btw, I may be calling you soon Dan.....LOL

McGowen has always contributed when asked.

And as Pdog06 stated, McGowen barrels are very accurate. I have several and will not trade them for anything.

Dan is a very knowledge person and will help you in any way he can.

JMO, Dennis

joghotrod
03-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Dan, I just finished my new 284 build with my McGowen barrel. I shot it just a few hours earlier today. Just using a recommended load, I was shooting clover leafs with no effort. I will post pictures of the rig and targets. I will be loading up more ammo in the morning, it will be fully broken in and ready for match action.

Later, Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Where are the pictures? I know you went out and got a high score the other day!

You have my new 6BR barrel, did the barrel nut show up yet? I can't wait to get that thing together so I can shoot it.

Will be home in a week.

Jimmy

Dennis
03-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Jimmy, the nut hopefully should be here today.

Saturday I shot in a match. It was very windy and in the high 40's.

I shot in the F-Open Master/Expert class with my 284. I managed to take first place.

I put a 28" McGowen bull 284 Barrel on a SSS Savage Target Action with the Evolution Trigger. This gun shoots as good or better than all the others I have.

I wish I had pictures to show. I will have to bring my camera in the future.

As far as the other post above, McGowen is coming up with a program to help everyone. Hang on a few days!

Dennis

joghotrod
03-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Good job on the win! See you soon.

Vegas is nice and warm.LOL And very dry.

Jimmy

jsthntn247
03-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Dennis, do you shoot a Palo Alto?

Onewolf
03-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Are cut rifling barrels available yet? Any updates on when cut rifling barrels will be available? I don't see anything about them on the McGowen website.

Dennis
03-06-2013, 09:42 PM
jsthntn247, YES, I do shoot at paloalto. www.paloaltogunclub.com

And You?

(http://www.paloaltogunclub.com)Onewolf, Cut rifling barrels will be available in the near future, probably 2 to 3 months. Machines are being set up.

Dennis
03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
The McGowen Outlet, sister company of McGowan Barrels will be live starting tommorow.

Dennis
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
The McGowen Outlet, sister company of McGowan Barrels will be live starting tommorow.

I would go into detail, but the website details everything. Too much to discuss.

There will be a dedicated Forum Section just for McGowen.

Dennis
03-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Hey Dennis,

Where are the pictures? I know you went out and got a high score the other day!

You have my new 6BR barrel, did the barrel nut show up yet? I can't wait to get that thing together so I can shoot it.

Will be home in a week.

Jimmy

Jimmy, everything is here, the recoil lug should be here Monday. I want to put the heavy duty one on for you. Other than the lug, you should be shooting the gun very soon!

Dennis

scope eye
03-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Stop foolin around and open that site already.

Dean

Dennis
03-08-2013, 07:59 AM
LOL, We had to make sure it was all in place and working. Several of us worked very hard on it.

We all believe it's was worth our while! Give it a few more hours and I think you will agree.

scope eye
03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Tic Toc Baby.

Break a leg.

Dean

joghotrod
03-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Jimmy, everything is here, the recoil lug should be here Monday. I want to put the heavy duty one on for you. Other than the lug, you should be shooting the gun very soon!

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

I will be leaving Vegas tomorrow and should be home late Monday or Tuesday.

I wanted to leave today (Friday), but the wife vetoed that, plus it rained. I didn't think it ever rained here.lol

Jimmy

Onewolf
03-08-2013, 02:31 PM
LOL, We had to make sure it was all in place and working. Several of us worked very hard on it.

We all believe it's was worth our while! Give it a few more hours and I think you will agree.

Link?

Dennis
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Getting ready to go live, meeting as we speak.

Dennis

scope eye
03-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Your killin me.

Dean

Dennis
03-08-2013, 03:14 PM
WERE LIVE . . . . We just turned the switch on!

http://www.mcgowenoutlet.com

The Forum link is on the website, all links tested OK

Dennis

Onewolf
03-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Looks Good!

It looks like a 24" 6.5mm barrel requires "full custom"?

Dennis
03-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Onewolf, Fill out the order under "Semi Custom" and put a note in Bold Caps that you want a 24" barrel. That should be all it takes.

Contact me if necessary,

Dennis