PDA

View Full Version : Making a stock?

Pages : 1 [2]

fsr402
10-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Not sure who this guy is but I think this is the best instructions on making an Axis stock that I have found yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evNPA5iLzdg

RSG
10-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Fsr402 what tool do you have to make your stock?
RSG

fsr402
10-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Fsr402 what tool do you have to make your stock?
RSG

I design stamping dies for the automotive industry and work in a tool and die shop. I have access to everything from a file to a 5 axis laser. I'm just figuring out how I want to do this.
My plan right now is to do the inletting on a knee mill and then profile on the band saw. For the final shape I may do some of the cutting free hand on the knee mill and then go to hand grinders , files and sanding blocks.
This morning I was back in the CNC dept asking what cutters they had I could use for the barrel grove and the head of the dept wanted me to model it up in 3d cad and he would just 5 axis cut the whole thing for me. lol
This is a winter project that I will start after thanks giving when my hunting season is done. So no hurry and I think hand carving this would be the fun way for doing it.

RSG
10-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Well you are set to go you do not need my help. I use a 1.00 inch and a 1.25 round router bit for the barrel and action groves.
RSG