PDA

View Full Version : First picture upload (thanks Frank)

Pages : 1 [2]

Richard Giguere
10-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Well I found that it took about 4.5 ounces of epoxy and 4.5 ounces of hardener for a total of 9 ounces. I filled all the voids and also the trigger guard assembly.
About how many tubes of epoxy does it take to do this?

devildogandboy
10-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Richard, good job on the stiffening and the pics! looks like everything came out alright. make sure you have space on both sides of the barrel and the tang area is free floated as well. good luck and enjoy your rifle.

Richard Giguere
10-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Richard, good job on the stiffening and the pics! looks like everything came out alright. make sure you have space on both sides of the barrel and the tang area is free floated as well. good luck and enjoy your rifle.

Thanks, and please enlighten me, what is a " tang" I hope it is not what I used to drink when I was a kid..? seriously, I can take a peice of paper and run it under the barell it seems all free and clear .

devildogandboy
10-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks, and please enlighten me, what is a " tang" I hope it is not what I used to drink when I was a kid..? seriously, I can take a peice of paper and run it under the barell it seems all free and clear .

yeah, one of my ffavorite drinks too! the tang area is the portiion where the safety is located, that triangular shaped area should be free floated as well.

M.O.A.
10-08-2012, 10:32 PM
LOL It gets easier the more you do it ;-)