PDA

View Full Version : how do I uncock by bolt when it's out of the gun??

lwink
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Yep, really can't figure this one out. Please let me know before I break something. I'm trying to check my protrusion without taking it all apart. Help!

okie2
12-26-2009, 07:36 PM
open your bolt and pull the trigger while holding it close the bolt make sure it is unloaded
NO AMMO IN CHAMBER.

lwink
12-26-2009, 07:43 PM
That sounds better than the method I just used:
Remove bolt. Move rear baffle around to where it would be with bolt closed. push on cocking pin. Allow cock pin to fall trapping your trigger finger between itself and bolt body cutout. Make sure your finger is in the way so you pad the fall of the striker. Run around trying to pull bolt off of finger. Use different tools including screwdrivers and forks to pry bolt off finger. Realize this won't work and go to plumbing kit to get channel locks and use these to relieve firing pin tension. Slowly remove finger and yell as feeling returns to the bloody stump that once was your trigger finger. Clean skin and blood from bolt body. Measure protrusion.

idiot

groupshooter22
12-26-2009, 08:22 PM
I use the edge of a table. They dont bleed and scream.

pphreed1
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
wonderful to see that other people do some of the highly intelligent things I do heal up fast

lwink
12-26-2009, 09:09 PM
wonderful to see that other people do some of the highly intelligent things I do heal up fast

haha... Is there some sub-chapter of the Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut for people such as us??

Three44s
12-27-2009, 03:05 AM

................ "Oh Mama's, don't let your babies grow up to be Brotherhood of the Barrel Nuter's ..........."

I'd vote for the edge of a counter or table when the owner of said table ain't lookin' ............

Three 44s

handirifle
12-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Remove bolt. Move rear baffle around to where it would be with bolt closed. push on cocking pin. Allow cock pin to fall trapping your trigger finger between itself and bolt body cutout. Make sure your finger is in the way so you pad the fall of the striker. Run around trying to pull bolt off of finger. Use different tools including screwdrivers and forks to pry bolt off finger. Realize this won't work and go to plumbing kit to get channel locks and use these to relieve firing pin tension. Slowly remove finger and yell as feeling returns to the bloody stump that once was your trigger finger. Clean skin and blood from bolt body. Measure protrusion.

idiot

;D :D ;D :D

Oh, man that is TOO close to home.

PBinWA
12-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm not alone in the world! :D

Uncle Jack
12-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Isn't education by experience just xxxxing wonderful?

uj

sharpshooter
12-27-2009, 06:07 PM
It's easier to loosen the bolt assembly screw. You may as well take it apart, after you measure the protrusion, yer gonna want to re-adjust anyway.

Smokepole
12-28-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm guilty of popping the cocking pin over w my finger as well. But it's not near as dramatic w my reduced power main spring and polished off detent.

BrentWin
12-28-2009, 09:31 AM

idiot

Remember to get all of the blood off of blued surfaces, it will cause rust.

Don't ask me how I know this.