PDA

View Full Version : No P.A doe for me...

Pages : 1 [2]

peterf225
10-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Peter,

Yeah...I've heard that about your state. It's just kill 'em 'n grill 'em. Seems easy enough to do. I've often said that to really understand all of Pa.'s hunting reg's you have to be "half attorney." And really....that's kind of nutz. Seems simple enough to me....you can kill a buck in this time frame. You can kill a doe in this time frame. Buy a license and send in for the doe tag by this date.....and you will receive the tag by this date. If any tags are left over, you can apply for 'em on this date.

Pa, changed the doe license application dates a few times. Again....kind of drives you nutz. But...it's a nice State to hunt in....as long as you can find a place to hunt!!!

Dave

I understand what you are saying. A lot of the hunting leases here implement their own rules that are more stringent than state regs so bigger deer can be harvested. Unfortunatly some leases have the attitude "it's brown it's down". I have never been to PA but have seen some deer harvested from there and the country in pictures. Sure is some great looking land up there.

peterf225
10-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Filled my 5B tag this evening with the 45 Omega @ 15 yds. Now I can concentrate on my buck.

Congrats.

woodsman416
10-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Zone 5C has lots of public hunting grounds. Several SGL and Nockamixon. Solebury township also has some hunting opportunities. See attached.

http://soleburytwp.org/page5f87.html?p=110

acemisser
10-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Hi Guys, I was going to a friends cabin in 2D for the early doe only muzzloader season on Oct.17. I went to my local gun shop here in NJ and bought a pa tag and a muzzleloader stamp. Only to find out after I spent almost $130 that I need a doe stamp as well. I called a gun shop by the cabin and they said all the stamps were sold out.. I didnt read the hunters digest all the way and here in NJ they sell buck stamps and any season you can take a doe. When I looked at the dates it said you need a muzzleloader stamp. But if you look at how to buy a doe stamp it says in there that you need one for the muzzloader season. Why they dont tell you this in the dates section is beyound me. I mean I was thinking, if I was hunting a doe only season, I didnt need a doe stamp. Well Im still going for the visit and might try some coyote hunting... Live and learn....

MY question is how in He77 did you buy a Pa license in NJ ...Something aint right there...You can't do that......If you want a doe you have to send in for the license early..I have hunted PA all my life...

12fv 308
10-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Acemisser, I am done talking about this. What I wrote is what I did and yes you can get a PA NON-resident License in NJ. A Doe permit is not a license and I know all baout the pink envelope to be mailed by July 30th...

acemisser
10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I wonder if I can get a Jersey license in PA? I gotta check on that...