PDA

View Full Version : barska mildot scope

donw
12-25-2009, 12:24 AM
anything bad in particular with it? good?

usngunner
12-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah, it's a crap shoot.

If you're going to buy one, get it through the Sportsmans Guide. They have a no questions asked return policy. Odd's are you'll need it.

I mounted one on a 10FP in .308. I went through 5 before I said the heck with it, I want a refund. SG gave me one.

Your mileage may vary, but I doubt it. Buy a good scope and be done with it.

Merry Christmas.

GaCop
12-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Friends don't let friends buy Barska!

shovelheadave
12-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Do youself a favor, save up and buy good glass.

Glass is absolutely a "You get what you pay for" thing. Buy a good quality scope once, and you will have a good quality scope forever. IMO :)

steveinwv
12-25-2009, 08:22 AM
I have Leupolds, Weavers, Burris, and old Redfields. But the best money I have spent is on my 3 Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5x20-50mm scopes. Two are duplex, $110 and one is Mildot, $125 from MidwayUSA. Clear as a bell, powerful, good looking, and cheap..............cheap being the key word if you would even consider a Barska. Don't buy a Barska.

Smokey262
12-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it's crap

minor adjustment

Blue Avenger
12-25-2009, 02:07 PM
it's right up there with the plastic binoculars you got as a kid. ANYTHING ELSE IS BETTER!

Uncle Jack
12-25-2009, 02:45 PM
The biggest problem with cheap POS inexpensive scopes is not so much the optics. Most of them are not too bad. The real limitation is durability. A scope that retails for less than $200.00 just cannot contain the quality parts, materials, and workmanship found in a $500.00+ scope. Now, you may get by just fine with a cheap POS inexpensive scope on top of a low recoiling 10 pound .223 rifle, but put that same cheap POS inexpensive scope on a 308 Win or any one of the short Magnums or, God Forbid, a 338 Lapua and you will soon have nothing but a nice looking tube filled with miscellaneous, misarranged parts.

If I could have back all the money I've Pissed away squandered on poor quality scopes over the years, I could have a whole stable of Schmidt & Benders.

uj

GaCop
12-26-2009, 08:22 AM
+1 on the Simmons Whitetail Classic. I've got one on a 308 I built, works great, can't beat it for the money.

efm77
12-26-2009, 09:12 AM
You will be disappointed in the Barska I'm sure. But, you don't have to spend $500+ to get a good scope. Are those real expensive scopes good? Sure they are, but there are pretty darned good scopes for less than that and they are very durable scopes as well. In fact, despite what some would say, you can get a good decent scope for between $150-$200 (3-9x that is, not a high power model). I'm no expert, but from what I have read it isn't so much the materials in the scopes that makes the price difference, it's the quality of the glass and especially the coatings that go onto the glass. As to the durability of them, I have a Swift Premier 6-18x44 with sur lok mechanism mounted on a 338 win mag that kicks the crap out of me. I paid $230 for it and so far so good. This is however, just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

joeb33050
12-26-2009, 09:12 AM
You guys are not cheering me up. I bought a Barska 6-24X scope for my M10 308Win, because I don't have another internally adjustable higher power scope. It's on the rifle, it apears to be OK, at least through ~18X. My experience is that these inexpensive scopes work pretty well at lower powers, but get dim and/or fuzzy at higher powers. For $59.99 delivered, it may be a deal. Since the range is closed, I haven't had a chance to try it out. Soon I will, and will report.
joe b.

okie2
12-26-2009, 07:52 PM
For pretty good scopes for the money I have always bought tasco and simons and I have not been disapointed in any of them. I have a tasco on my 300 win mag it has worked fine for several years now.

CFS
12-26-2009, 08:31 PM
If you don't have one ......look at something else.
If you do have one........use it till it breaks???
Try doing a box test with your scope......that will give you some idea of what you can expect from the optics and adjustments.
Again......not trying to hurt anyones feelings......just that I would look at something else.

Pop