PDA

View Full Version : stevens 200 stock options

texasgunclass
09-27-2012, 01:07 PM
ok I have a sss trigger, a sss competion lug,and scope mounts on order,Ihave sent my bolt off to twisted barrel for some flutes and a larger handle, and I have sent some emails out about barrels, now I need a stock. I would prefer synthetic because i want to paint it. is their anything in the $100 range that is any good? my spacing is 4.4 with the mag attached to the stock it will become a single shot so i don't care about the mag.
What are my options?
stockade
b&c medalist
boyds
any others?

emn83
09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Stockade is quite a bit over the $100 mark, but I have had great customer service from them. it's just a really long wait

rjtfroggy
09-27-2012, 04:56 PM
I have never looked at or priced a synthetic stock but for $100 you may as well just go to Boyd's and look at the laminates.Make sure you read the discriptions and look at the centerfeed stocks only,the others can be made to work but there will be some fitting.

texasgunclass
09-27-2012, 04:57 PM
the wait is what is turning me off about them but i like their style and selection, might order one now for my next build

texasgunclass
09-27-2012, 05:27 PM
does anybody know if the hogues from gun shack are cut out for a detachable mag or are they for a blind mag, I tried calling the guy that answered did not know

zeus2you
09-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Don't know specifically about the Hogue's you're looking at, but I have the full bed Hogue (a little past the $100 point you're looking at) on my Model 11 and it is cut for the DBM. In fact the bottom metal fits more snugly in it than it did in the original factory tupperware stock. The $100 pillar bedded version seems to be only slightly better than the factory stock, so YMMV.

I've since upgraded to another stock, but the Hogue is sitting in the closet with a nice Criterion barrel waiting on me to stumble on a good deal on another donor rifle or action then it'll be right back in the rotation...