PDA

View Full Version : Is Savage still making 11FCNS in 7.62X39?

wahoowad
09-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Saw a listing on Bud's but it is out of stock. I'm looking for a 7.62x39 bolt gun and figure the 11FCNS would be the best of whats out there. :afro:

earl39
09-24-2012, 01:27 PM
It is still listed on the Savage web site.

wahoowad
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm hunting around at the common online retailers and can't seem to find any in stock...who woulda thunk it would be a hot chambering?

Admin
09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Not a hot chambering, more of a market-less model that no distributors ever bothered to order.

wahoowad
09-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks. I'm doing a bit of searching and can see a few CZ's for sale, and can see that Ruger got a few Hawkeyes out the door too (although none currently available). I don't see any online references/reviews for the Savage FCNS in 7.62x39 so I am curious if they actually made any at all...???

Admin
09-25-2012, 11:27 AM
To be honest, there's a good possibility they never have. Savage builds guns only after they get orders for them from the distributors. Additionally, they don't do a production run until they have enough orders to meet a minimum number of units for a run. This minimum number used to be 500 units, but given how the Axis has taken off and how many they're selling (around a quarter million in the last two years) there's rumor the upped the minimum number to 1,000 or 1,500. This would explain why a lot of units that sell in fewer numbers (Left-hand models, LEO models, etc) have been getting harder and harder to find over the past year or so. There's only so many hours in a day and Savage is already running three full shifts to try to keep up, but the demand has been so high for the Axis that they simply can't keep up or find time to squeeze runs of the less popular models that don't sell 1/10th as well.

thomae
09-25-2012, 12:51 PM
You might want to try searching for the 7.62x39 model 10 FCM scout rifle. They DID produce that and there may be some out there. Basically the same but with a slightly shorter barrel, iron sights, and the forward scout base installed.