PDA

View Full Version : need general info

RogerH
09-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I recently purchased a savage 243 rifle from bimart the guy said it was an axis. BUT i believe its not. the barrel says savage 11 and on the box says hunter XP.
whats the difference. i do like the gun with a couple of minor things the neraling on the bolt handle rubs my hand easy fix i think with shrink tubing and the slot for the handle
on the stock edges are sharp the dremal drill took care of thet. The bushnell scope was a ***** to sight in had to use a piece of ply wood to even begin to find the paper target.
ANYWAY does anyone have any review of this gun . there is lots out there on the axis not much on the hunter xp
thank you

Admin
09-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Sounds like a Model 11 Hunter XP package rifle to me, not an Axis. If you got it for the Axis price the Bimart guy saved you $100 or so.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11HUNTERXP

BTW, gun/tech questions don't go in the "Forum Rules" board. :welcome:

5spd
09-23-2012, 08:33 PM
As stated above, if it is indeed the M11, it is 100X the better rifle than the Axis.
The bushnell scope is junk and I took mine & put it on a .22lr and got a much better scope on it.
If you are not shooting the gun it all the time the scope will do the basic job.

RogerH
09-28-2012, 03:22 PM
i called savage only took 10 mins on hold it is the hunter package 243 . i payed 379 dont know if thats a good price i agree will get better scope when i can.
I work as a CNA 2 at our VA hospital so not wealthy but wife and i do ok. we goth shoot our GLOCKS alot and have our carry permits. we shoot defencive pistol shoots 2 times a month.
I used to hunt alot but stopped for about 10 years .my winchester mod 70 got sold not by me grrrrrrrrr so now im getting back in to shooting long guns again

RogerH
09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
BTW, gun/tech questions don't go in the "Forum Rules" board. :welcome:[/QUOTE]

sorry im new

earl39
09-28-2012, 08:25 PM
BTW, gun/tech questions don't go in the "Forum Rules" board. :welcome:

sorry im new[/QUOTE]

But you seem to be a quick study. Welcome to the Brotherhood

MaDa
09-29-2012, 01:57 AM
379 is a fair price to me. I don't know what they go for but for a package gun I wouldnt be ashamed of spending that much on it. Let us know how it shoots.

and welcome to the forum!