PDA

View Full Version : The auto matic powder measure/scale

acemisser
09-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Does anyone on here use one of this things?

I guess Lyman and RCBS both make one
as well as other brands...I have been looking
and dreaming about one,but not sure it is woth
the extra cash..I want one that you can
change the powder with ease as well...Right
now all I use is the Lee dippers and my fingers
as a powder trickler....So if you have one,what
brand and how do you like it? Thanks

WuzYoungOnceToo
09-22-2012, 09:32 AM
I've been using my RCBS Chargemaster 1500 for 3 years now and it is hands down the best piece of equipment on my bench. If you pay attention you can frequently find them on sale. In fact Natchez has them for $290 at the moment.

acemisser
09-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I have been using the little dippers for 20 years or so now.But I only load for two different rifle's..
They work good for what I need..But it might be nice to have one,just to say I have one..
I appreciate your kind replies..Maybe i'll save up a bunch of pennies and get one..I see
some on e bay for sale...

Blue Avenger
09-22-2012, 09:38 PM
If you can't afford the dispenser for a while, get a trickler! they work slick!

Dennis
09-22-2012, 10:23 PM
RCBS chargemaster is the quickest dispensing powder. I have been using mine 2 years, no complaints, haven't found anything faster.

stomp442
09-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Recently acquired the charge master myself and I have got to say it was the single best reloading purchase I have ever made. Outstanding product and very simple to set up and use. It will throw 44 grains of h4831 in about 10 seconds. It seriously speeds up the reloading process. I highly recommend it.

seanhagerty
09-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Do not dismiss the ISD system. Had mine for two years with no issues.

acemisser
09-23-2012, 08:23 AM
I thought about my post after I left the computer and realized I had made an assumption based on the fact that you are using the dippers. And that jus makes an a$$ out of me. My apologies. My hat goes off to you though. There is no way I could have made it that long without buying a powder measure. :-)

No need to feel bad....I guess some of my questions make me look like a green horn.And I apologies for that as well....There is just so much new stuff out there now that I feel out of date..Powders I have never heard of..I guess I am in the old fashon state here..I used to use cast bullets for years and finally got away from all that stuff...I feel no need for some of the things available..I kind of figure if I buy all this new stuff,I might as well be buying the ammo....But the looks of one of those powder measures as got me thinking I may want one of them..lol Thanks for the replies..

handirifle
09-25-2012, 02:29 AM
+1 for the CM1500. As a side benefit, I use it all the time for archery gear as well. Weighing arrows, heads combo's etc. It helps to have a scale that goes to 1500 when the arrow weighs 830.

If you want to weigh cases for reloading, the balance beam sucks, it's so slow.

barthowes
09-26-2012, 11:47 AM
I bought the cheap powder dispenser/scale from nachez over a year ago. Don't remember the brand, but it is yellow and right now it's like $150.. Works great. don't let people fool you into buying something more expensive than you need. Just remember any digital scale may have inaccurate readings if used under fourescent lights. I know my spelling is horrible.

lal357
09-26-2012, 07:45 PM
i swapped over 3 years ago to a lyman 1200 III and have never looked back they do have thier ups and downs .
1 have to wait 30min for it to calibrate its self .
2 you will have a few grain bouncing out of the pan when it throws.
3 cost
not sure if its faster or slower for me it makes things easier i just finshed throwing some powder in my 6.5 creedmoor cases and as it was despensing the next charge i was able to seat the heads . did the same thing all week long 223 on monday 308 on tues 6.5 tonight tomorrow i start pistols .

Blue Avenger
09-26-2012, 08:52 PM
It is not the light emission, it it the frequency from the ballast messing with the power supply transformer. Some lights bother and some don't

acemisser
09-27-2012, 09:20 PM
interesting-very interesting Mr.Watson

acemisser
09-30-2012, 03:48 PM
well I did it..ordered the RCBS 1500.....I think I will like it alot.

What I like the best is how you can empty the powder with such
ease..John