PDA

View Full Version : 7MM-Rem LA AccuTrigger Mount and Question

hydrashocker
09-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I have a 110 7MM-Rem Long Action with AccuTrigger (about a 2005 year) in Blued, and right now I am paired up with a set of Leupold scope mounts, Dove Tailed if I remember correctly. I have the extended mount and the regular so as I could mount my scope. Anyway I think the mounts just aren't holding true, and maybe the extension has something to do with it, but I would like to trade it out for a single 1 piece mount. Thinking in the range of under $100. I know there isn't that many options out there that allow breech access, and I don't 'want' to limit the area but I do want a good SOLID 1 piece mount. Scope in use is a 44 rectical X 1".

Now I've been in contact with DNZ representative about the issue and they have 2 fixes, an offset which the inside bar is slightly to the left and the rings are closer to allow for better position of the scope relative to adjusting eye relief/for shorter scopes, which I think so far is my best option, part number 18200OS.

2nd there is their regular, which the center bar is center and rings are extended so as to only give limited eye relief adjustment, and/or scope adjustment. I like the fact that everything is solid and straight center, but it doesn't allow as easy breech access as well as the offset, part number 18200.

Also I've seen the Weaver style, but that really gives even less breech access, but again looks really solid? Again, yea there is limited breech access but I can move the scope exactly where I like it and it's solid, which is more important to me, but the best of both worlds is really what I have in mind.

I guess what I am asking is what mount is the most solid and best for the cash, so I can get rid of the ones I have?

And if you guys could point me in the direction of a good pillar bed set for the Sporter Laminate stock for this gun?

Thanks for your time!
~Rustin~

M.O.A.
09-21-2012, 10:08 PM
The DNA with the offset or leupold makes a one piece mount with twist in rings that is off set to the left for may access that's what I went with and its great

P.S. for the mag cals. you really need steel rings and bases.

hydrashocker
09-22-2012, 11:27 AM
The Leuopld #49996 STD 110 RH (1-Piece) is a one piece and I could use the my rings on it from what it looks like. The only thing I dislike is the rear windage screw lock in style. I really like a full lock down style, but for $20 it's worth a shot. I'm just having an issue with that rear windage lock down?

Now I do have a muzzle brake installed already on this gun so it doesn't boot me any harder then it needs.....LOL