PDA

View Full Version : Long action stock, detachable mag, pictures and advice please.

wcmd
12-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Long action stock, detachable mag, pictures and advice please.
I have a Stevens 200 in 30-06 with a center fed mag. I would like to convert a Boyds ross FT thumbhole LA to a detachable mag.
What parts are required?
May I have some pictures please?
I am going to go to my local gun store to see a Savage LA with a detachable mag, to get some ideas.
Once I get the mag conversion done, I would like to swap barrels and calibers, would I then just have to swap mags? Example 25-06 barrel and mag to 30-06 barrel and mag to .308 barrel and mag.
Do they make a .308 mag for a long action?
Many questions,
Thanks and happy holidays,
wcmd.

82boy
12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
First, you would have to send the Boyd stock off to have the bottom inleted for the detachable magazine bottom metal. Second, you need all the bottom metal parts. It would be cheaper to have SSS sell you a stock ,and the parts. Third 25/06 and 30/06 would use the same magazine. No the do not make a long action 308 magazine.

handirifle
12-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Although they may not make short mags for long actions, you might be able to use the 308 follower and put a spacer in the rear of the magazine well. Just a thought, never tried it myself.