PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Falcon Menace 4-14FFP scope?

Jeg181420
09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
I have a Savage .223 that needs a scope with a mildot reticle and either mil or moa turrets. I was right about to pull the trigger on the SWFA SS 10x42 when I came across the Falcon Menace 4-14FFP. I really like the idea of a variable power scope for when 10x is too much. Does anyone have any experience with this scope? I have heard some reviews saying that it will fall apart and break and that the customer service isn't great, although they advertise a "limited lifetime warranty". Any input or advice would be appreciated.

1ShotKing
09-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Check out this review. It's from John @ 8541 Tactical.

http://www.8541tactical.com/menace4_14FFP.php

zeus2you
09-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I have one on top of a Model 11 that's currently a .243 but in the process of a re-barrel to 6.5 Creed. The couple times I've had it out has only been to the local 100 yrd. range and it seemed to work pretty well. Seems just as good to maybe a little better than the average $2-300 options out there. I've found the eye relief to be really sensitive especially above 10x.

Overall I feel like I got a pretty good deal on a budget scope, but it's not some hidden gem that compares to a Viper PST or Sightron SIII. But at 1/2 the price I'm happy with it and best of all if anything was to happen to it and warranty doesn't cover it I won't really lose much sleep.

I'd also look at the Primary Arms 4-14 FFP. IIRC, it's a little cheaper and I know the PA guys will take care of the warranty. I specifically was looking for the ML16/EBR style reticle so the PA didn't fit the bill but if you're wanting a mid-dot in FFP I'd trust PA based on the compact 3x and Red-dots I've got and personal experience with their CS...

rjtfroggy
09-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Try a Mueller, priced right, customer service is excellant and the 2 Muellers I have are very nice scopes for the money.

http://muelleroptics.com/mt451440