PDA

View Full Version : ? What hold the safety button to the safety arm on newer Savages, IE Savage 220F

redie fredie
09-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Took apart the trigger on my 220F, when re-assembling I couldn't get the Safety Button to stay on the safety arm, looking for some help.
By safety arm I mean the Rectangle deal that comes up from below.
By Safety button I mean the flat teardrop thingie with the slot underneath that goes on receiver from the top. this button seams to have a slot and not a dovetail to hold it.

redie fredie
09-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Anybody?

M.O.A.
09-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Someone well help you on this.

short round
09-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Safety button slides in from rear of the tang

thomae
09-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Sounds like short round gave you an answer.
I don't have a 220,so I can't answer your question, but I have found that using a digital camera to take photos of things before I take them apart and as I step through disassembly, especially the first time, really helps me. My forgetter gets better and better with each passing day and the photos really help me.

redie fredie
09-18-2012, 08:36 PM
If Savage will let me I'm going to send the gun in and see if they will deal with the issues.
The slot on the button is not dovetailed, so it just pops off, and per one of my other posts the trigger is still acting up.

01-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Did you ever get this straight? The safety button popped off of mine when I was monkeying with it. The "safety" and trigger still work fine (it's just a much smaller "button" that you slide fore and aft to operate the safety), but I'd like to re-attach the larger button somehow. It's an oddball arrangement. I can't quite figure it out. It almost seems like Savage glued the button on there, but I find that hard to believe.

RP12
01-22-2014, 10:22 AM
If it works the way it was designed, the button slides in from the back of the tang into a dove tail groove. then you just line the safety bar tab with the notch in the bottom of the button. If it doesn't work that way, you may have a defect there somewhere. I said bar tab, LOL. I just noticed you were talking about the 220F, so YMMV.

01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
If it works the way it was designed, the button slides in from the back of the tang into a dove tail groove. then you just line the safety bar tab with the notch in the bottom of the button. If it doesn't work that way, you may have a defect there somewhere.

Thanks, RP. You hit the nail on the head, at least in my case.