PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunter Fixed Sight Question

Pages : 1 [2]

Hotolds442
12-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Still waiting for my HH barrel to get here, seems the seller isn't too reliable. Won't answer PM's, tracking number is a week late from when he said he'd send it to me. My plans are to go with the Firesight if the barrel ever arrives. Glad the question was asked, answered a lot that I had.

stevo911_
06-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Here are a couple of shots with the Williams gunsights. Chuck at Williams hooked me up. Anyone interested in changing/adding sights to their prospective Hog Hunter or any rifle for that matter, should check out Williams. Great customer service and products.

Part #'s:
Firesight ghost ring: #70919
Hog Hunter "complete" (base): #70187
Firesight front bead: #56434 (many heights and a couple colors available, but this will slide in to the existing ramp without mod.)

Don't have real world shooting yet, but seems like it's going to be sweet. F'n ghost ring glows even in low light. Existing hog rear is probably fine for close up, low-light, reaction-type shots. I replaced mine for longer shots and got the bonus with the light-gathering of the Firesight.
Old thread bump, I know.
I was wondering if you had any updates on how you like this setup? I've got a hog hunter that I'm looking at doing something very similar to, wondering if you ended up having to change/order any more parts (different height front post or anything)?

Cant find any details on the Hog Hunter "complete" (base): #70187 -is this the ramp that actually bolts to the barrel, or the piece that the ghost ring sits in? (going to call williams, but it's an international call, so I want to make the phone call as quick as I can).

thomae
07-10-2015, 12:13 PM
I know this is a resurrected thread...but:
Here's more detail on what I did on my Savage Scout. Not the hog hunter, but fixed sights. : Should work on a hog hunter as well.
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?15461-Savage-10-FCM-Scout-in-7-62x39-review

Works well in various light conditions. The adjustable aperture is the key. The firesight bead really helps as well.