PDA

View Full Version : Savage Stevens 200 223 conversion?

mysavagerifle
09-14-2012, 01:18 AM
i need people to respond with experience in this. i want to convert blind mag to dbm. where is a good place to find parts for this? Can you tell me what all i need? I know i need a different stock and the bottom metal for the internal mag, but what else? Its a 223 short action and is centerfeed. My scope sits so low i can hardly load the rifle is why i want to convert. i dont plan to sell the rifle to buy one with a mag and want to fix what i got as cheap as i can. i dont care if parts are used. Part #s if you know them would be helpfull also. the stevens stock flexes with bipob which kind of sucks so i was going to restock anyway. i saw numrich has stocks but hard to find part numbers and the scehmatic dont really say what the part is to searc for it.

thanks

BoilerUP
09-14-2012, 05:58 AM
There's a guy selling a Savage DBM on SnipersHide.

Inlet your stock, throw the DBM in, get a magazine, and WHAMMY there ya go.

mysavagerifle
09-14-2012, 01:03 PM
There's a guy selling a Savage DBM on SnipersHide.

Inlet your stock, throw the DBM in, get a magazine, and WHAMMY there ya go.

i dont really want to mess with the original stevens stock because it flexes on the forend, especially with bipod. If i inleted he stock what would hold he mag frame housing in place? Wish someone would do this and show it on youtube.

darkker
09-14-2012, 01:43 PM
...Then buy an aftermarket stock, inlet, get the mag, and WHAMMY there ya go...

The housing is attached to the stock, just like any rifle that comes from the factory that way.

BoilerUP
09-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Best deal you're gonna find...

www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3568229