PDA

View Full Version : F Class Scope Help

supergolfer18
09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
What reticle would be a good option for aiming/aligning at 300-600 yard F class shooting? I am looking at the Sightron SIII series 8-32x

Needing help on reticle selection

earl39
09-11-2012, 10:44 PM
I would say you have 3 options. Fine cross-hair, target dot, or moa. To make adjustments without touching your knobs the moa will work fine. Sightron has a good reputation for repeatability so any of the 3 should work fine.

Trent
09-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Skip the target dot if it is going to be an f-class only rifle. The TD will work fine but the fine cross-hair will allow you a little better fine tuning when holding off the center for light winds. I use a Sightron 10-50x60mm with a mi-dot and it works just fine. I went with that because this rifle is also my long range match rifle.

supergolfer18
09-12-2012, 07:47 PM
I am now down to the MOA reticle and the 1/8 Target DOT with Target Turrets1/8 click

Still can't decide. Very expensive to make a bad decision. MOA let you lign up on Fclass target ok still? I am thinking MOA could be used when deer hunting with this rilfe in future but so could the target dot too I believe

Any more thoughts?

earl39
09-12-2012, 08:28 PM
If you can work with cluttered glass the MOA would let you make a consistant hold off. If the clutter bothers you then go with the target dot. As an example my SIL can't work with the clutter of a mil-dot, seems his eye always drifts to a dot instead of the center crosshair so i had to trade scopes with him. Plans are for me to shoot a 1000yd match this weekend for the first time with an 8-32 sightron MOA scope so if all goes well i can give a better report next week.

JCalhoun
09-14-2012, 05:39 PM
I use a fine crosshair for F-Class.

supergolfer18
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Earl39: how did that MOA reticle work for you? It is down to the MOA or the LR Target Dot with Target Turrets in the 8-32x for me

earl39
09-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Earl39: how did that MOA reticle work for you? It is down to the MOA or the LR Target Dot with Target Turrets in the 8-32x for me

Rained all weekend so i didn't go to the match. Seems everything has been against me making a match this year. I think i have made one match. I think it will work fine but just can't say from experience in a match.

JW
09-24-2012, 05:51 AM
I have the sightron 8x32 fine crosshair with 1/8 target dot and the 6 x24 LR MOA
The dot on the MOA is a little larger that the fine crosshar dot, not sure if that would be an issue with you
I have never shot any competition so I can not say which would be better
Although I like both scopes, I like shooting the fine crosshair better because of the smaller dot
You mentioned deer hunting -- The cross hair is very fine--not sure you would have any quick shots due to having to "find" the cross hair
It also might be a problem in low light
I hope this helps
Jack