PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding new Stevens 200's

dolomite_supafly
12-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Can they be converted realtively easily to use magazines like most of the newer Savages?

I am looking for bolt on easy, as in no machining.
If not then what is the most cost effective way to get into a magazine fed action?

I have an older Stevens 200 that has been worked over and now I am going to probably buy another for a different project. I am going to build a tactical that uses mags and would prefer to start with a Stevens because everything is going to get replaced anyways.

Thanks
Dolomite

lwink
12-22-2009, 12:56 AM
The new stevens have the same mag as the savage blind mag rifles. In other words, no more work/parts must be done/bought to make a 200 into a drop box than any Savage blind mag into one, assuming both rifles are newer.

sharpshooter
12-22-2009, 01:44 AM
All Stevens are magazine fed. I think you mean detachable box magazine. All of the new production rifles,serial# G700,000 and above are center feed.

dolomite_supafly
12-22-2009, 09:11 AM
All Stevens are magazine fed. I think you mean detachable box magazine. All of the new production rifles,serial# G700,000 and above are center feed.

So the parts from a DBM Savage action will fit a newer Stevens?

Dolomite

LG
12-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Stevens and standard Savage centerfeed receivers are identical. If you get a Stevens centerfeed receiver, it will fit a stock inlet for a recent production Savage receiver with detachable magazine.