PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first hunting rifle

Pages : 1 2 [3]

les strat
09-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I think it's one of the things mentioned earlier: scope mount screws protruding, bolt head catching on the sharp corners, or maybe the front stock bolt protruding into the receiver.

I promise you, if you are patient and work out this little bug, you are going to have a great shooter. You have a great platform to customize it to what you want.

Get you a good Boyd's replacement stock if you don't like the factory tupperware. They are very affordable and look great.

As far as the scope, IMO the best thing you could do for your money is put a Nikon on it and ebay the one that came with it. Prostaff or Buckmaster. If you want even better, find a Nikon Team Primos 3-9x40 they were running a couple years ago. They are rebadged Nikon Monarchs, which is Nikon's upper line and some mighty fine glass... fully coated, 95% light transmission, water/shockproof, sealed, etc. You can get one NOS on Amazon for a little over $200. That's a steal. They have shorter tubes, so that means you will need an offset front sight base if you are using Weaver-style bases, or else you will not have enough tube length for the ungodly long action on Savage's long action rifles. Regardless, I'd replace the rings and bases with something a little better.

Good luck and don't give up on it.

Opus Dei
09-28-2012, 06:08 AM
The box has the number to call when you finally get someone they will send you a mailing slip to send it to them

My ammo must be newer production than yours. There's no phone #; only a note about RemingtonCountry.com for information. I did call the corporate # and they are sending a return label.

M.O.A.
09-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Well there you go ;-)