PDA

View Full Version : Need some help finding a rifle

Turk10mm
09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi all, I've been hunting high and low for a Savage 110E in a brown laminated stock in .270 or 30/06. My dad bought me one of these as my first rifle when I was a boy. It was stolen 15 years ago and I'd really like to have it again, even if its not the exact same rifle. I know my dad would smile if I showed up to hunt this fall with it.

It would look something a lot like this.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29062871/9-6-2012%2012-55-14%20PM.jpg

Hopefully this is the right place for this, thanks for your time.

Thanks!

82boy
09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the site,
If you purchase a membership to the site, it would give you access to the classifieds section, where wanting to buy adds need posted.
Besides that your only bet is to look on gun broker, or gun america.

brtelec
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Here it is: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=304137180

fgw_in_fla
09-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I was going to mention I found a .270 with wood stock at a pawn shop that I was going to buy tomorrow. I just need the action for another rifle build so I can listen to my wife yap about it. Sometimes it's just too quiet around here...

I think the stock is just like the one shown. If you want, I'll double check & let you know. I haven't any use for wood (stock or otherwise) so I'd be willing to work something out with you.

I'll look more closely at it tomorrow & Let you know.

Frank in FLa

mattm0812
09-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I was going to mention I found a .270 with wood stock at a pawn shop that I was going to buy tomorrow. I just need the action for another rifle build so I can listen to my wife yap about it. Sometimes it's just too quiet around here...

I think the stock is just like the one shown. If you want, I'll double check & let you know. I haven't any use for wood (stock or otherwise) so I'd be willing to work something out with you.

I'll look more closely at it tomorrow & Let you know.

Frank in FLa

Did you see anything there that had my name on it? :cool:

243LPR
09-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Good price on the Gun Broker rifle.

fgw_in_fla
09-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Turk - I'll check it out later this morning. If I see anything of interest to you, I'll be sure to get back here with info. I f you don't here from me by 1 - 2 pm this afternoon, it wasn't what we think it is.

I looked at it (again) on Thursday & thought to myself that's a nice looking wood stock for a cheapo pawn shop rifle. Also, it was filthy & the barrel was pretty skanked up. It looks to need a lot of TLC & a good home. If it does in fact come home with me today, it'll be stripped down for its resurrection as a 7mm gun. Still deciding if it's going to be 7-08 or 7mm rem mag. Probably the one that uses less powder.

I will get back to you later today if I see that it looks like your photo-

Later y'all

Frank in Fla

LHitchcox
09-07-2012, 09:09 AM
If all else fails, the poster could buy the cheapest 110E he can find and add a Boyd's laminate stock for about $100. It seems that Boyds provides almost all the laminated stocks offered by the gunmakers.

fgw_in_fla
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Turk - the rifle I mentioned was not like the one you're looking for.

The wood was too dark & it didn't have the cheek rest.

Sorry, I tried. Good luck locating what you're looking for.

Frank in Fla

hnts4fun
09-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I spend WAY too much time looking for online deals. In the last 6 months I've bought 2 wooden stocked 110E's for great prices delivered in like new condition. I also found a beautiful Savage BVSS stock for cheap. If I factor in my "looking for" time I'm paying thousands for this stuff, so of course I don't. Neither of my rifles came with laminated stocks like the pictures posted by the OP or on the auction site...those are good looking stocks.

BTW no pawn shops in my area or I'd save lots on shipping.

Turk10mm
09-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks for looking guys. I really appreciate it. I missed the gunbroker deal but i'm going to message them today.

Turk10mm
09-10-2012, 01:12 PM
its reposted, thanks for finding the link. I've got a bid in on it.

brtelec
09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
You are welcome. I am glad I could help.