05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
FYI from the speical order pages of Dick's in Charlotte, NC on 5/20/2008

114 American Classic $580
12 Varmint Low Profile $699
111F $450
2-3 weeks for delivery

HankC
05-31-2008, 07:23 AM
I special ordered a Steven's 200 from Dick's a month ago. $269+tax. Best price I could find.

marc5000
05-31-2008, 11:50 AM
I've bought a few guns from Dick's. But the service varies a lot from store to store, specially when it comes to special orders on firearms. I wanted to order a rifle and then went check out a few Dick's stores in my area. At one of them the sales associate simply said they don't do special orders. At another store the guy behind the counter said they could order something for me if I really wanted, but he advised against it. He said that even though they are supposed to say it takes 2-3 weeks, usually it takes a lot longer than that, and screw-ups are frequent (like sending the wrong gun or wrong caliber). Well, at my third stop the sales associate said "sure no problem", called the distributor, confirmed they had the rifle in stock, got the order in, said 2-3 weeks for delivery, but it actually took just 10 days.

Marc

DennisH87
03-29-2010, 03:04 AM
I realize this is pretty dang old, but I know what your talking about first hand... I used to work there. At our store we had one guy that would order a new gun no kidding once every month. Our times were about 5 - 6 weeks but often we would get them in just 1 week. It all depends on when we had trucks coming in and if they contained guns. They would never ship just one gun. It was usually a pallet or two full. Even though they weren't mine it sure felt like Christmas every time two pallets full of guns showed up on the floor. ;D