PDA

View Full Version : cerakote bolt?

parkj5
08-31-2012, 07:03 PM
I am looking at getting my 112 cerakoted.Has anyone else had their complete bolt cerakoted ?I asked because it looks like the cerakote will rub off when bolt is all the way back.Pictures would help.I dont know if it matters are not but mine has been fluted by SSS.I just hate to have it done and it not last that long or make the rifle look bad.

jgerrington
08-31-2012, 07:53 PM
I had my bolt cerakoted. Did not coat the lugs though. Haven't used it enough to see if it would wear

Werewolf
09-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I have heard that even when it eventually wears the cerakote fills in the low spots on the bolt rails and helps make the action slicker. I am in the process of getting one of my pet rifles coated, including the bolt.

jgerrington
09-01-2012, 03:47 PM
It's a little smother, but not a big difference. Cerakote don't have teflon. I've handled a rifle coated with birdsong (black ice). It was real smooth

savage 10 5r
09-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I did basically the same thing your'e thinking about doing. My bolt is fluted as well and I had it cerakoted. I didn't coat my lugs or bolt face. The cerakote does wear off, but its not bad at all. Here is a pic of my bolt body. This is the underside of the bolt, the top has no wear at all so far.

http://i45.tinypic.com/qxjpdz.jpg

nwkman
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I Cerakoted the bolt and Microslicked the bolthead and front baffle. Looks good, seems smoother.

capreppy
09-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm having my barreled action cerakoted in FDE. The smith doing the work suggested not doing it. It will eventually wear out. I'm thinking about having SSS flute the bolt and have the flutes painted in FDE.