PDA

View Full Version : Update to previous post

rjtfroggy
08-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Well I went back to the range today with 25 rounds of painstakidly loaded rounds and found out that small group from the other day was a fluke, and now I concede to the barrel it wins,I lose.
After all the time, money and effort that went into this I just plain give up for now. I got on the phone with NSS and will have a new Criterion here in around a week-308 26" Varmint, SS select match. As for the Douglas barrel never again, this was the second one and the second one to give me head aches. The first got ironed out after maybe 100-125 rounds but this one seems to be a lost cause.
I will be the first to admitt am not the best shot out there but I load for a stock factory 308 with a 20" barrel and it is well under moa @ 200. I have beed told that my reloading practices for the br comps. border on OCD so I don't think it was that either.I also will not condem anyone else for my failure so please don't ask who did the barrel work.
Thanks to all who tried to help and I will keep everyone up to date when I start with the new barrel.

skypilot
08-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Sorry to hear that RJ. I had felt like you had it under your thumb or at least I had my fingers crossed for you. My hat is of to you for trying everything, I hope the new barrel makes up for all the bad with this one.

John_M
09-01-2012, 09:27 AM
froggy,
skypilot said it better than I. So, add my vote to that of skypilot.