PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying scope rings

Clint KY
08-31-2012, 04:54 PM
I bought a used rifle (Stevens 200 in 7MM-08) which came with a Burris scope mounted. I am trying to identify the rings. The bases are individual. The rings are mounted on top of a short post. The posts are half angled and half flat. That is, the sides of the posts are angled while the front and backs are flattened. The posts attach to the mounts with a socket head screw on each side. To mount the scope the rings have two socket head screws.

My difficulty is centering the posts on the mounts. I was hoping to find the manufacturer and see if there are instructions available.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/KyHilltopper/Guns%20and%20Knives/ScopeRingDetail.jpg

Thanks,

1ShotKing
08-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Those rings appear to be Millett Angle-Loc rings with the windage adjustment. Here is a link for you to have a look at.
http://www.millettsights.com/rings-bases/angle-loc-steel-rings/

Hope this helps,

1ShotKing

Clint KY
08-31-2012, 05:36 PM
1 Shot - that is them. Thanks - unfortunately they do not list the installation guide for that particular ring. Interestingly when I called the Customer Service phone number a recording said I had reached Bushnell and they were closed till Tuesday. I will give them a call then and see what is available. If nothing I will just wing it.

Thanks again,

1ShotKing
08-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah Millett is a part of Bushnell. Along with Stoney Point, and Butler Creek. I work at a outdoor store which happens to be a dealer of Bushnell and Savage (along with many others). We haven't stocked those rings though, so I'm not entirely sure how they install. My thought is that they install like others but you can tighten each side individually to adjust the alignment of the scope without using up the scopes internal adjustment.

1ShotKing

M.O.A.
08-31-2012, 05:52 PM
you might as well just get new rings in my opinoin those rings suck really bad i had some there real hard to get centerd and they dont stay tight at least mine didnt

Blue Avenger
08-31-2012, 09:49 PM
they can also tweek your scope it you put to much twist on them!

Clint KY
08-31-2012, 10:34 PM
I have decided to replace them but have not decided with what so far. I have some Weavers that will fit (the scope is 3x9 X 50 so it needs tall rings) and may just use those. I do know that the Milletts are going. It is funny because when I bought the rifle at the LGS the guy at the shop pointed out how good the rings were. I can see where if you needed the correction they would be good, but they are far too touchy to mess with since I don't need them.

normmatzen
09-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Get Burris Signature and never look back!

Don't scar up the scope OR tweek the scope.

Norm

Blue Avenger
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Get Burris Signature and never look back!

Don't scar up the scope OR tweek the scope.

Norm
ya, you bet ya!

drybean
09-12-2012, 09:11 PM
i have set of tall ones
anybody can have for $6 shipping,overwise i will use them for weak pipe clamps

drybean

Clint KY
09-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I am leaning toward a set of Leupold STD two piece bases and STD rings. I had a heck of of time finding a dealer that listed bases for a Savage but finally did. I got the numbers and will let my LGS order them for me. I like to shop local when I can.