PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a Boyd's Classic for the 110

les strat
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
I just looked, and it shipped out today. :biggrin-new:

I went with the pepper Classic with the #2 stippling. I thought the darker look of stippling would complement the greytones of the pepper. I also ordered the longer bolts. I am hoping it will drop in fine with no issues.

My 110 is centerfed, so the magbox is attached to the stock. Any heads up I should know on the mag with the new stock or anything else?

I will post some pics when it arrives after the holiday.

devildogandboy
08-31-2012, 04:46 PM
i have three of them, 2 staggerfeed and 1 centerfeed. had minor problem withe the centerfeed as the tang wasn't free floating. dremeled it out just a bit and seems to be fine now. haven't shot it since the repair, but should be fine, otherwise they all dropped in fine and the barrels were free floated after torqueing actiion screws.
i love them, good fitting and looking stock, especially for the money. can't wait for them to come out with the "classic varmint" which should be out by years end! good quality stocks.

les strat
09-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Good to know.

I'll eventually glass bed it. I have never done it before, but I'd like the squeeze every bit of accuracy out of it before hunting season, so I'll probaby just order the kit.