PDA

View Full Version : 168 gr berger 7mm Rem Mag for Black Bear

justinc68
08-30-2012, 09:07 AM
I have worked up a pretty accurate load for my 7mm Mag using 168 grain hunting bergers. Just wondering if anyone uses these for black bear or what anyone thinks of these bullets for black bear. i have been invited to go to a bear camp this year and was hoping to use this load.

Thanks everyone.

stomp442
08-30-2012, 10:25 AM
That bullet and cartridge combo should work great.

bill2260
08-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Should work just fine. I shoot 154 gr hornady spirepts, 64 gr rl22 in my 7 mag. Have lost track of how many whitetails. Shot elk and mule deer and numerous other critters. Works like dropping ten ton rock on all quarry large and small. Only thing I would be hesitant to shoot with this load would be grizzly. If I had compitant back up I would try that. Bill

I have worked up a pretty accurate load for my 7mm Mag using 168 grain hunting bergers. Just wondering if anyone uses these for black bear or what anyone thinks of these bullets for black bear. i have been invited to go to a bear camp this year and was hoping to use this load.

Thanks everyone.

justinc68
08-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Ill be using it on Whitetail and black bear with it this year. I cant wait to see how it works.

Nebc
08-31-2012, 12:34 AM

Thanks everyone.

I have shot many black as well as grizzly over the years. Whtetail, elk, moose. I have never needed nor wanted anything other than my 7mm Remington magnum using 160 grain pointed softpoint speer bullets. Worked 33 years in northern bc as a wildlife biologist and saw lots of game shot as well as talked to many guide outfitters and hunters. Most guides will readily tell you when a client arrives packing a good 30/06 and 180 grain pointed softpoint rounds, they feel a whole lot happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD