PDA

View Full Version : Model 16 Vs. Model 12

frazer
12-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Hello all, I have a question to ask...

What are the differences between a stainless steel accutrigger model 16 and a stainless steel accutrigger model 12? it looks like they have a different bolt handle, but what else is there?

thanks for the help.

82boy
12-20-2009, 01:41 PM
They use the same action one is stainless and the other is blued steel. It all depends on what model 12 your referring to, they do change the bolt handle's around on the models. The bigger bolt handle is called the BT bolt handle. The 16 uses a sporter barrel ,and the model 12 uses a heavy varmint profile barrel. The model 12 will have a lighter spring in the accu-trigger. Besides that they are the same.

frazer
12-20-2009, 01:47 PM
does the safety differ on them? I have herad that the model 12 has the teardrop safety button but the model 16 just has the smaller safety button. anyone have any experience with this, I cant seem to find a clear answer using the search function.

82boy
12-20-2009, 02:19 PM
They both use the same safety. The pre-accu triger guns (prior to 1996) used a smaller one piece safety, all the accu-trigger guns use a "tear drop" two piece safety.

frazer
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
can a pre-accu trigger gun be fitted with a newer tear drop safety?

82boy
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
can a pre-accu trigger gun be fitted with a newer tear drop safety?

Only if you have a machine shop.

frazer
12-20-2009, 03:20 PM
ok, good to know, thanks. I have a ceterfeed stevens 200 in 243 that I have dropped into an HS Precision stock and was looking at updating the safety assembly. I guess Ill have to get a new rifle to do that. I also want to step up to a Stainless steel action but need to figure out the best rifle to get to replace it. The other great thing is that I will save myself some money by getting a great trigger without having to install an aftermarket one on my stevens. Im trying to figure out how to get the Best "bang for my buck" no pun intended.