PDA

View Full Version : *REALLY* stupid question on model number.

kevin_stevens
08-29-2012, 04:24 AM
How do I find the exact model number for my new-to-me 116 Alaskan Guide? Does it even have one - this was a special non-catalog limited run done in 2006? I don't have the original box, and the manual is just the generic centerfire manual for that year. Want to know so I can order appropriate parts from Numrich for various little parts (stock screws, escutcheons, etc.).

If not an exact model number, is there a way to match up the barrel, stock, and action to other "real" models to meet the same purpose?

KeS

M.O.A.
08-29-2012, 05:52 AM
it is model 116 it was made for a store in anchorage alaska they did not make that many of them its in 375 h&h right

rjtfroggy
08-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Type your serial # into the parts finder on the Savage site, that should bring up your gun.
As for action screws the local hardware store should have 1/4 x 28 screws and also buy a few nuts, get screws longer than needed then cut,grind or file to fit,at the same time a piece of lamp rod for pillars also need to cut and fit.Escutcheons I haven't seen for sale so you may need to make your own.

kevin_stevens
08-29-2012, 08:01 AM
it is model 116 it was made for a store in anchorage alaska they did not make that many of them its in 375 h&h right

Yes - but by model I meant the whole "116FSSXXXX" kind of string that tells you what barrel, stock, action, etc. that's why I say if it was a special run, that model info might not exist. But I doubt they made a special stock or barrel just for those guns, they are the same as something else, and if I could match them up, I'd be in better shape. Something like "that's the standard magnum contour barrel from the 2006 Safari Express, but in stainless; matched with the stock and action from the Weather Warrior". I don't think it's quite that simple, but you get the idea.

KeS

kevin_stevens
08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Type your serial # into the parts finder on the Savage site, that should bring up your gun.
As for action screws the local hardware store should have 1/4 x 28 screws and also buy a few nuts, get screws longer than needed then cut,grind or file to fit,at the same time a piece of lamp rod for pillars also need to cut and fit.Escutcheons I haven't seen for sale so you may need to make your own.

Aha! Perfect, just what I was looking for! Savage simply calls it a "MOD 116FSS 375 H&H". And the parts list pops. Thanks so much!

In return, there's a guy named Dixon at longriflesinc.com who makes escutcheons.

Thanks again!

KeS

Ha! It's the specific parts list, too!
"BOLT BODY RH LONG ALASKAN GUIDE - P/N: 106494"

rjtfroggy
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
KeS two things, 1 you are welcome and 2, remember there are no stupid questions just stupid answers.

kevin_stevens
08-29-2012, 05:08 PM
KeS two things, 1 you are welcome and 2, remember there are no stupid questions just stupid answers.

Well, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? ;)

KeS

rjtfroggy
08-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Questions to gain intelligence.

cgeorgemo
08-29-2012, 07:00 PM
I've been know to tell my students that the ONLY stupid question they can ask is "Do we need our book today?"

earl39
08-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

kevin_stevens
08-30-2012, 03:17 AM
I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Was that in response to a question you asked, or not? ;)

KeS

earl39
08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
If i recall it was a comment made by a teacher many moons ago to the class to get us to ask questions.