PDA

View Full Version : Center Vs stagerd feed

JGARRIS
08-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I have a 111 acutrigger center feed action. I am looking for a good composit stock and am not having any luck( with out 16 week delivery). I have found a bell and carlson stagerd feed but they do not make one for a center feed. I am putting a Shilen heavy sporter barrel on this action. Any help. Thanks Johnny

M.O.A.
08-29-2012, 12:59 AM
you mean one like this

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-35/Bell-%26-Carlson-~Savage/Detail

i dont know if you can change it over or not i just went with a laminated but it looks like stockys is sold out on all of them

JGARRIS
08-29-2012, 02:38 AM
I looked at them but it has this note
NOTE: These DURAMAXX SAVAGE ACTION STOCKS ARE CURRENTLY DESIGNED FOR NON-CENTERFEED (Older) RIFLES ONLY, NOT THE NEWER CENTERFEED MODELS.

rjtfroggy
08-29-2012, 06:23 AM
not sure about duramax but with laminates it is just a matter of fitting a few shims and glueing them in,or you can bed the mag to fit and forget about the " L Clip " either way not very difficult.

JGARRIS
08-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info

bootsmcguire
08-29-2012, 07:55 PM
You should be able to use a Duramaxx on a CF-LA if you glue or shim in the mag. Bolt Spacing is the same.

oneshotwillie
10-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Hi,
First post here. I know this reply might be a little late but have you considered the Choate Tactical stock? They have many to choose from, incl.
stocks for the center feed accutrigger, DBM's, etc., available in diff. stages. I think they are aluminum bedding, Harris bi-pod rail w/adapter, etc.
These might be a little on the heavy side but I guess it depends largely on what your intended use might be. Should be good for bench/load development,
prone style ground hog poppin', long shot yote' bustin.

thomae
10-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi,
First post here. I know this reply might be a little late but have you considered the Choate Tactical stock? They have many to choose from, incl.
stocks for the center feed accutrigger, DBM's, etc., available in diff. stages. I think they are aluminum bedding, Harris bi-pod rail w/adapter, etc.
These might be a little on the heavy side but I guess it depends largely on what your intended use might be. Should be good for bench/load development,
prone style ground hog poppin', long shot yote' bustin.

OneshotWillie: Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. You have hit the nail on the head. Without knowing what the someone really wants to do with a rifle, it is hard to advise on just about anything. As you suggested, this is an old thread, and by looking at the thread count, it appears that the OP asked his question and has not posted on the forum since.

I hope you stick around and enjoy.

oneshotwillie
10-18-2012, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=thomae;143377][COLOR=#800080]OneshotWillie: Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. You have hit the nail on the head. Without knowing what the someone really wants to do with a rifle, it is hard to advise on just about anything. As you suggested, this is an old thread, and by looking at the thread count, it appears that the OP asked his question and has not posted on the forum since.

I hope you stick around and enjoy.

Thanks, thomae
I have been a fan of the savage rifle design for long time. While I have owned a few of the accu-trigger models, my favorite was an older
Savage tactic model in 7mm-08. I bought it used at a gun store for $200. The barrel was like new. I installed a bedded aftermarket stock and trigger w/burris tactical rings/base, monarch 5x20x44. shot in 10's at 100yds. with 162gr A-Max .; .25- .50 with shelf ammo. Traded it for
12FVSS in 270WSM. I liked the older rifle better and may build another/same caliber. 7mm-08 very flat shooting in savage.

Accurate innovations offers some nice but pricey stocks for the staggered savages; Hand picked premium blanks or wood laminates finished
to your specs- all with integrated alluminum bedding blocks

Stocky's has nice stocks for the newer center feeds.

I'm not huge fan of accu-stock. I think Savage can do much better for their loyal followers of many years. They should offer some very nice drop-in accuracy enhancing/ high grade wood, etc. stocks for older/newer designs. And not just bench style either but sporter/thumbholes/bedding blocks. It would only enhance their image and our savage rifles would then be more taylored to our needs. It's always been a bummer trying to finish a Savage with whatever we can find.