PDA

View Full Version : What are the magazine differences in a staggered vs. centerfeed?

Matt
08-28-2012, 11:24 AM
I know the bolt spacing differences but what were the changes to the actual magazine box and follower? On Brownells I could only find one type of box and it didn't say whether it was SF or CF.

brtelec
08-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Check on Numrich Arms @ gunpartscorp.com. You can look up your rifle by model and look at an exploded view to make sure you are ordering the right item for your firearm.

les strat
08-28-2012, 04:14 PM
If you are talking blind mag, if you unbolt the stock and the mag stays with the stock, it is centerfeed. If it stays with the receiver, it's staggered.

UKWildcats
09-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I have both a Center Feed and a Staggered Feed
-- The followers are totally different and not interchangable
-- When you take the action out of the stock, the Center Feed system stays in the stock while the Staggered Feed system stays with the action
-- Hard for me to tell but pretty sure the feed lips are narrower on the Center Feed, I converted my center feed to single shot earlier this year since I was having trouble feeding but this was occured when I changed to a Choate Tactical Stock. Probably was fixable but loading the center feed magazine was never easy. The staggered feed mag loading does appear to be alot easier.

UK