PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shack waiting game

243LPR
08-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Anybody else buy a barrel from Gun Shack on the last group buy/pre-order? I ordered a 6mm AI back in March and the site said end of May/June for delivery.Well here I set still looking for my barrel and they won't answer my emails about delivery time.Starting to wonder if I should cancel and move on. Maybe response was too much for them and they're just that swamped?

devildogandboy
08-27-2012, 11:17 PM
he's good to deal with, it's not him but the barrel manufacturer. i would suggest if you have any questions you call GunShack and get them all answered. that seems like the shortest route to an end.

Blue Avenger
08-27-2012, 11:52 PM
there are a couple threads going on different buys. Sounds as though the barrel maker he used is not making good on building the redused cost barrels as fast as they said they would.

Opus Dei
08-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Gun Shack is GTG. Although I can't say about timelines vs. order fulfillment in this instance, lots of manufacturers bias their production to big buyers like Midway and Brownell's at the expense of their smaller clients.

lskok
08-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Anybody else buy a barrel from Gun Shack on the last group buy/pre-order? I ordered a 6mm AI back in March and the site said end of May/June for delivery.Well here I set still looking for my barrel and they won't answer my emails about delivery time.Starting to wonder if I should cancel and move on. Maybe response was too much for them and they're just that swamped?

Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the the manufacturer. ER Shaw has been very backlogged and to make matters worse I get almost no communications from them. The few orders we have finally received just showed up with no advanced warning. That leaves us scrambling to turn around all of our orders within my goal of 48 hours. It's not an easy task to turn around and ship out 50 barrels in that time-frame when they showed up without warning.

I'm sorry if you did not get any answer to email. We do try to answer as many as possible but we get hammered with emails. You can always give us a call at 210-858-6882 but you are likely to get an answer of "we are not sure" if you are asking about delivery dates. We can only pass along the information we are given and so far that has been either inaccurate dates or nothing at all. Supposedly they are turning up or have turned up a brand new production facility to speed up the Savage barrels, but only time will tell.

After we can get things on a reasonable schedule with Shaw and with better communication, I hope to begin offering more group buys and with a larger variety. In the mean time, anyone that has placed an order that wants to cancel, please feel free.

Regards,

Lance Skok
Gun Shack LLC
210-858-6882

243LPR
08-28-2012, 10:30 PM
You would think these days a company like Shaw would have better customer service,especially with their distributors. Thanx for the response lskok,I'll stick it out for a little longer. Getting itchy to start load development.

Txhillbilly
08-28-2012, 10:47 PM
I received my 7mm-08 barrel a couple weeks ago from them,but I'm still waiting on my 6.5 Creedmoor barrel.They thought they would show up in Sept.

If these barrels shoot good,then it'll be worth the wait.I've done a break in on the 7mm-08 barrel,and will be testing some handloads this friday,so I'll find out then.

CJnWy
08-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Waiting for a new toy can be agrivateing sometimes! The two barrels I've recieved where not billed till a week before I got them and they where cheaper than the local smith charges just to chamber a barrel.
The 7WSM actually got here before I had time to get an action ready for it or dies and brass bought. I finaly got it put together and if the first 20 rounds are any indication its a keeper ;-)

montana bob
09-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I posted on another thread on here earlier today. I ordered from the 7mm group buy and had just about forgotten about it until I saw the dies and brass I had already bought in anticipation of the barrel arriving a lot sooner than it did. It was well worth the wait. For an inexpensive barrel the finish is good, it doesn't grab a lot of copper and after trying 3 loads I found a keeper. I ordered a 7x57 and my 5 shot group measured .333. In my opinion you can't beat that for a varmint contour, stainless, chambered and crowned for 160 bucks. I have an older model 110 action and noticed when I took my other barrel off that my lugs need lapping. One is making more contact than the other. Hopefully that will add to accuracy. Thanks for a good barrel Lance.

lskok
09-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I have some bad news on the 6.5 Varmint Contours. We finally received them (again without warning), however they were chambered according to my Magnum Contour order. On a positive note, the orders were close enough that I'm only missing 1x 264 Win Mag, 4x 6.5 Creedmoor and 1x 6.5/06. That means I'm going to have 6 very unhappy customers. To be fair to those who ordered early, we will process orders in a first in, first out fashion. For the other six people who ordered, I'll send out individual emails to you with updates. As you might expect, I have not yet been able to reach anyone at ER Shaw regarding the mix-up.

Regards,

Lance

243LPR
09-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Man,that's got to be frustrating! If I got that kind of service at a restaurant they'd never see me again!

The Pickle
09-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Does that mean that the magnum contour order will be jacked up as well? Hope not.

snowgetter1
09-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Just got an email stating my 260 Varmint is in the mail. Can't wait to get it and get ready for deer season.

mnbogboy2
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Well, I'm on my way next week to MT without my 6.5-06....If it came today it would be too late to develop a load... Originally I expected it in July. ..The boy's at E.R. Shaw must really be busy....
I hope Gunshack lets me know when it is coming...
Randy

cheezie
10-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Got my 6.5-06 stainless varmint a couple of weeks ago, as promised. I haven't had time to install and shoot it yet, but the service was as advertised at the order point last Spring. Cheez