PDA

View Full Version : New Barrel Marred by FFL

Ninedv
08-26-2012, 12:27 PM
I just got my action and barrel from Fred on Friday so i have been playing with getting it set up on the rig all weekend. I just noticed that there is what seems to be a razor blade gash near the muzzle in what is other wise a mirror finished barrel. It is my guess that it was cut by the FFL when they unpacked it. I am sure i could polish it out but what recourse do i have if any with the FFL? I dont need to raise hell if there is nothing that can be done but something will be said as the shop owners should know about it. It is just at what level it needs to be said. What recourse do i have and what to do?

Jesse

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/ninedv/IMAG0699.jpg

pdog06
08-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I would just polish it out and forget about it if you think polishing it will take care of it. If it isnt a permanant damage why spend time argueing about it when you are so close to shooting it?

Chances are the ffl is gonna say they didnt do it and it must have arrived that way, so more than likely it will be a waste of time anyway. Guess you could call them and see if they would polish it for you.

davemuzz
08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Well, Jesse.....Im my lifetime I have "fought" battles such as this....only to win the "battle" which eventually led to losing the "war." And what I mean is down the road if the FFL had a deal going on something else he may not give it to you, or call you, or he just may tell you he will no longer do FFL work for you or whatever.

Polish it out. If your anything like me, chances are after a year you'll put enough scratches 'n bangs in that rifle that it will "blend right in."

MHO

Dave