PDA

View Full Version : Savage Stainless 30.06 Value

westtexus
08-25-2012, 04:01 PM
HI, new member here,

I have a Savage 116 stainless 30.06, snythectic stock, with timney trigger and 3x9 Leupold scope. I have used it very little, and would like to know what it is worth. Any help would be great.

devildogandboy
08-25-2012, 06:29 PM
when i want to price my guns i look to see what they are going for on the auction sites, such as GunBroker, GunsAmerica or GunAuction. good place to get pricing info!

Clint KY
08-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Gun prices vary widely by region. What is a good deal in Texas may be a bad deal here in Kentucky and vice-versa. You need to visit some gun shops, see what is bringing what and THEN check the auction sites. You may not find the exact rifle for comparison but find anything close. Close in Manufacturer, model & caliber. Your 30-06 is fairly universal but not all are. Good Luck.

jonbearman
08-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Depending on the actual leupold model,I would say in the 650.00 range.

Shoot-N-Nut
08-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Pricing used guns is an art form! Gun Broker and them sights is great for giving you a feel for what they are bringing. But like Clint pointed out, those people are from all over the place and its hard to gauge internet price compared to local price. I will say this though, usally accessories and upgrades dont add as much value as they cost! If I put a trigger in one for my use, I keep the factory trigger incase I ever decide to sell it I put the factory back in it and either use the aftermarket on another rifle or sell it because you will get more out of that trigger then it will ever add to the selling price of a rifle. The same way with scopes, if you sell or trade a rifle with a scope on it you will usally dam near give the scope away, even a good scope! Take the scope off and either use it on another rifle or sell it straight out to someone. Parting out add ons and accessories will bring in more money then a package deal!

westtexus
08-27-2012, 08:20 AM
I have spent time on gunbroker. Problem is finding a similar gun that sold. There are guns similar, but did not get bids. I agree with the parting out being able to bring more money.
It is as close to new as can get, I only carried it one season. I have three 30.06 rifles, and don't hunt s much as I used to, so I am ok with selling scope and all. I think I will price at $700 or $750, and be able to come down some when someone offers less, which is what always happens, regardless of start price.
If I can't sell it I will remove scope and replace factory trigger, and go from there.

pdog06
08-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Is it a newer model centerfeed or older staggerfeed?
Blind mag or detachable mag?
condition?
scope model?

The more info given will help us given you an accurate value.

When I price them i like to see what it is worth if the gun was broken down and parted out, mainly cause that is how i sell stuff...LOL

In your case(all depending on condition),
-action and trigger worth around $350-375
-barrel worth around $60-80(30-06 is very common, otherwise it may be worth a bit more)
-stock worth around $25-60(lower number if blind mag, higher number if detachable mag or accustock)
-scope ??????(without knowing model number it cant be priced)(can be anywhere from $150-450)
-extras rings and bases????? / detachable mag hardware(can be another $90-100 if centerfeed)

you will almost always get more money for stuff selling it seperate, but you also have to ship each item seperate and usually evens out. Usually i will list the stuff seperately, but knock some money off the price if someone buys it as a complete gun.

Without knowing the details of your gun i would say it is worth somewhere around $450 for the gun alone. That could chance a little either way depending on model and condition. I cant give you a value on the scope till we know which model you have, but even without knowing the scope i would say that $600-650 is the bottom dollar price for the package(if it is a cheaper model Leupold).

Willoughby
08-27-2012, 01:04 PM
price it a budsguns online located in Lex Ky
he is usually the cheapest for a new gun

westtexus
08-29-2012, 02:42 PM
It has a blind mag, staggered. Scope is leupold vari-x II, gun is as new, not used much. I still have factory trigger.

cgeorgemo
08-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Flat rear or rounded? Basically is it an accu-trigger model or an older one?

westtexus
08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
It's an older model, before accu-trigger.