PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions on stocks.

Jenkums
08-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok I have an old Savage 110E I know now it is a flat top on the back and has an internal magazine. I need some help figuring out what kind of stock I need? I have seen stocks around on sites but some are long action short action old style new style Im not sure how to determine one I can use. Also, is it possible to use or convert my rifle to use box mag? like a removeable mag instead of the internal?

Clint KY
08-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I would suggest that you spend some time on Boyd's Stock website:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Classic-Replacement-Stocks-Savage-Stevens-s/35.htm

Start here. This will get you to whether you have a Long Action and what Magazine you have, Staggered or Centerfeed. Then you can gauge what you have and then the hard part begins, what do you want. Converting an internal box to a removable magazine is a personal choice. I prefer an internal box as it can never be bumped loose and lost. If you feel you have to have a loaded magazine to load extra rounds, the removable magazine would be your choice. Boyd makes some nice stocks in many colors and configurations.

This is a decision best backed into. Decide first what you want to do with the gun, then decide which attributes of a stock will help you accomplish these goals and THEN go look for a stock. I would advise against buying a stock because it looks "cool" and then building a rifle to fit a stock and ending up with a gun that is of no use to you.

My opinion and worth what you paid for it.

M.O.A.
08-24-2012, 06:57 AM
or stockys stocks

243LPR
08-24-2012, 08:10 PM
If its a 110 its a long action.