PDA

View Full Version : AccuTrigger Problems, Help requested

redie fredie
08-23-2012, 09:33 PM
I just purchased a new to me Savage 220F slug gun; sometimes when the gun is cocked, the safety blade locks up. The sear is releasing upon cocking the bolt and resting against the safety blade, as in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o_5GKa6Ksc&feature=related

I have adjusted the "weight" screw all the way clockwise but the most I can get is 2.5# -3.3# (inconsistent) and the sear still slips. anyone have any idea's I can try before I send it in or take it back to the store?

(Guessing Cabela's took it in as a return because of the problem and just put it on the used shelf.)

pdog06
08-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Well, I was gonna say to add some trigger pull weight because that almost always fixes this problem, but it sounds like you have done that already.

The trigger in the video is not an accutrigger. That guys problem is that it would take 10 minutes to adjust the sear on his gun and fix his issue, but instead he chose to spend who knows how much time to make a youtube video about it instead....Go figure

drybean
08-23-2012, 10:20 PM
maybe try shiming the trigger so their is no side play

an check your saftey adj.

drybean

redie fredie
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
The trigger in the video is not an accutrigger. ..........???????????????

redie fredie
08-24-2012, 09:35 PM
I noticed that the trigger hanger had about an eighth inch of play side to side, the trigger also.
Tapped in on the bolt release pivot pin and everything tightened up, so this may be the issue.
Not sure how to keep the pin from backing out again as there is no groove for a clip. ANY IDEAS? Staking?

drybean
an check your safety adj....Not sure how to do this?? No adjustment screw visible.

drybean
08-24-2012, 10:17 PM
the safety adj. is just forword of the trigger pull weight adj.
probley coverd up by some anti sue goop
the trigger in the vid. is a accutrigger

pdog06
08-27-2012, 09:46 AM
The trigger in the video is not an accutrigger. ..........???????????????

LOL When i went to the link I must have double tapped the screen cause the video you linked was not the one that came up and played...Sorry bout that. The one you linked is an accutrigger...LOL

The one i watched the first time was the video where the guy bought the gun used at Cabelas and he was loading the gun and it was firing when he dropped the bolt, but it was an older action...Sorry.

jpdown
08-27-2012, 10:32 AM
The back of your trigger may be contacting the stock just above the rear trigger screw and tripping the sear. Loosen the rear action bolt and raise the tang to see if the problem goes away. Then dremel out some plastic above the rear trigger guard screw tip.

redie fredie
10-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Got the 220f back from Savage a bit ago, not sure what they did. Shot it the other day and it shot great, like a tack diving expensive 22. Had one re-occurrence of the sear slipping. have to clean it so may adjust the trigger up if possible.