PDA

View Full Version : Bell & Carlson camo dipping

GUNFANATIC
08-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Last year I posted photos of my buddy's Savage all camo'ed up in Mossy Oak Brush. I just got this email from him. he ain't a happy camper.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________

cammo dip CRAP!

Thought I'd share the images of what the end of the 30-06 barrel end looks like. I think it's been in the back seat of the truck about 3-4 times to go shooting or looking for pigs.

I don't know what I'll do with it at this point. TOTAL CRAP! I can't believe that Bell & Carlson would sell this crap.

You know how I baby my guns, and it looks like this after less than half a dozen trips to the field. Share it on the websites, maybe you'll save someone the $ and a bad experience.

I may have to strip that crap off and get out the rattle cans.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/kmsguns/camocrap.jpg

03mossy
08-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Thats crazy! My father had an AR dipped from them a few years ago and it still looks great. Has he called bell and carlson about it?

devildogandboy
08-22-2012, 04:15 PM
what's Bell & Carlson got to do with camo dipping? i can see from the start there was bad prep involved. the film shouldn't overlap like that. from muzzle blast you may lose a little of the pattern but it won't blow off the entire film like shown. once again, who ever did it skimped on the preperation and was in a hurry. very bad job to start.

LabRat2k3
08-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Maybe that is why they have stopped doing the camo dipping. Check their main page. http://bellandcarlson.com/ I would contact them, if they already know there is a problem they may fix it.

SinoS
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM
For what it's worth. I talked to a few people who said that they had problem with theirs. Did this gun get oiled. It was also told to me that oiling your gun will trash some finishes. The reason we get them dipped is to not have to oil it.

Dino

GUNFANATIC
08-27-2012, 08:38 PM
No oil or solvent. Matter of fact, he had it on a felt covered bench when he was installing mounts. It started pealing at that point over time, it just continued to get worse.