PDA

View Full Version : 110 not going into battery

dan97526
08-22-2012, 01:08 AM
My brother has a pre-Accutrigger 110 in 30-06. It would not go into battery on a loaded chamber. I checked it out and the bolt stops forward progess with approximately 1/16" of the front baffle still exposed. He said the problem started after he was riding around on a quad with the bolt open (I cringed at this - he's a car guy, I'm the gun guy), and he discovered the bolt assembly screw to be loose. As mentioned, he's a car guy - which means he probably got out the biggest screwdriver he had and torqued the screw down as far as he could. No offense to car guys intended, I just know my brother. :)

Anyway, I loosened the bolt assembly screw and retightened it, and that appears to have fixed the problem. I have yet to test fire it. I'm concerned that I might not necessarily have fixed the problem, and I want to ensure it will not recur. Perhaps something inside the bolt was misaligned, I don't know. I haven't disassembled the bolt.

Can anyone offer a possible diagnosis of the problem?

Thanks in advance.

handirifle
08-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Sounds to me like you did. If it cocks correctly, and dry fires, I would shoot it, as long as the rear screw is tight, you should be good.

CAPTBEACH
08-22-2012, 12:27 PM
If it was me and I was concerned...I'd gently pull a bullet and dump the powder load from a 30-06 cartridge...insert and chamber...fire in a safe direction discharging the primer only...if no problems head to the range...