PDA

View Full Version : Target Action in Medalist stock

allenlhouston
12-18-2009, 04:43 PM
I call Stocky's today to order a Model No. 2997 Medalist stock for my Target Action Single Shot RBLP 308 Bull barrel build. The sales person warned me that the target action with 4.40 screw spacing would not fit this stock. She said people have tried and were not successful.
Now, I am confussed because based on reading articles on this site others have mounted the Target action on this stock. Can someone please shed some light on this issue?

pdog06
12-18-2009, 08:03 PM
The front and rear action screws on a target action measure 4.400". The same as a centerfeed action. The 2997 is for a centerfeed so it will fit, but you cannot use the middle action screw on the target action. Maybe that is what they were talking about.

I had a different stock for a centerfeed that I bolted my target action into with no problems at all. And also had a stock for a target action that I tried my centerfeed in just to make sure it would fit.

I also have a friend that is putting a target action into a 2997 Medalist too.

pdog06
12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
My friend got his centerfeed Medalist(#2997) in and the RB/LP target action fits in it PERFECT. The bottom of the port is exactly flush with the top of the stock. The only thing he has to do now is open up the last 3 inches of the barrel channel a tad to float the bull barrel. So it does in fact fit.

allenlhouston
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks a lot for the prompt feed back. Nothing is better than some one that has layed there eyes on the beast and reports what they found to be true. You saved me a big quessing game.
I love this forum.
Never have seen such good responces to problems in my life. It is a testimate to the members who really care for their savage brothers and take the time to put them under their wing and help out

pdog06
12-22-2009, 01:00 PM
No problem, just be sure to give us some pics of your gun when you get it done..We love pics!!!...LOL