PDA

View Full Version : Basix SAV-2 Adjustment

Gun Geek
05-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Installed one today on a project action. Followed the video and replaced an accutrigger.

But, as noted on this board, the video doesn't tell you anything about final adjustment of the trigger. My guess this is at the demand of house counsel for BASIX.

The voice over says something to the effect of total weight of pull is adjusted by changing sear engagement and wight of pull screw. Well, duh, but there's clearly more to it than that.

Question is, how do you make sure there is enough sear engagement to be safe? Seems like you are looking to set the sear to as little engagement as possible (no creep), an the pull weight as light as possible (if that's the goal), but that makes the sear slip off when closing the bolt.

Is this a matter of adjusting trigger as light as you can get it w/o slipping then adding a little more sear to make sure - live with any creep induced?

Any general advice on proper adjustment? BTW, this is a bench target, maybe Fclass rifle, not a hunting rifle.

Thanks!

PEI Rob
05-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Yep

Advise, don't use your safety. The safety flicks the trigger a tiny amount when disengaged and if the tension is low, the trigger will move. Do it enough times and the sear will release. You'll see what I mean when you observe carefully and move the safety into the fire position.

I use one for F class, this year I'll be using a different rig, 6mm Dasher, and it has Fred's trigger on it. The rbsav2 can be set considerably lower than the SSS IF you can live with a dangerous safety.

killbilly
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Don't hesitate to call Clay Mitchell at Rifle Basix. He likes input on what his videos lack and he can certainly tell you how to adjust it.