PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Lift Kit

Rezmedic54
08-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I have made one for lack of better term the old style bolt. By that I mean the one that does not have a hole threw it where the firring pin comes through the one with a solid BAS and it has worked well. My question is on the new style where the firring pin comes through can the end be cut off and the lift used or are you stuck not being able to do it to these bolts. Any help here would be great. Thanks, Kurt

jonbearman
08-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Are you saying that your bolt has no big a%^ screw? When I install the lift kit,I machine the shoulder of the big screw .I remove .130 thousandths off the shoulder or make a spacer that goes behind the screw head and make it the thickness of the add bolt lift kit.Sometimes I remove alittle more to smooth the mechanical advantage of using the bolt to extract the case. Are you sure you are placing the lift kit in the right.

tobnpr
08-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Great timing of your post...I was just looking for an "old" thread on this that's supposed to exist but can't find it...
Using a .38 spl. case, and a ball bearing...
Can anyone link me to it?

Rezmedic54
08-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Don't know about that link at all sorry. But to answer the other yes it has the BAS but the firing pin goes through the center of it. So you can't use the case and single bearing.

cgeorgemo
08-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Is this the link you are looking for?
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?2889-Bolt-lift-kit-for-new-bolts-with-cocking-idicators-as-well-as-older-style-bolts&highlight=bolt%20lift%20special

Nandy
08-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Don't know about that link at all sorry. But to answer the other yes it has the BAS but the firing pin goes through the center of it. So you can't use the case and single bearing.

Can we have a picture of that? Your BAS?

Rezmedic54
08-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Yea it just a BAS with a hole through it shows that the rifle is cocked. Nut I'll see if I can get a pic in the next day or so.

Nandy
08-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Im sure you are going to have to replace some parts to do it. I have the regular bolt but SSS did the ramps, the lift kit and all the goodies the do. It is lighter but hard to quantify how much as I never measured the before and after but it is not like it is efortless. All said and done, I would do the time and truing with SSS in any new gun I get.

Rezmedic54
08-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I found some parts and figured it out. When I measured the pull weight to lift the bolt was 63 inch/pounds which was really heavy. I installed my parts and did my thing the weight is now down to 18 inch/pounds. So I guess I got it right.

Leonardo63
08-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Results are all that matter! Excellent!