PDA

View Full Version : need help with Savage LRPV bolt

Pages : 1 [2]

MZ5
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Unless this is a second-hand gun, I'd send it to Savage with an explanation of what's wrong, probably including a link to the vid. In fact, I'd try hard to get them to send a call tag. You can fix it yourself, of course (or your 'smith can); just a matter of which way you want to go.

If this was an issue of scope base screw interference, it'd be tough to lift & lower the bolt, and that'd be the case all the time. The bolt lugs are 90 degrees away from the scope base screws when the handle is lifted (i.e. when pulling back or pushing forward on the bolt).

82boy
08-16-2012, 12:20 PM
The problem with sending it back to Savage is they may replace the bolt handel, and it will still have the same problem. They have been told about the primary extraction problem, and that the problem lies with the bolt handels.

kenickie22
08-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I did call Savage. The guy I talked to acted like he'd never heard of this issue. He wasn't interested in watching the video either. I've got a new Sharp Shooter Supply bolt handle on order.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

kenickie22
08-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I installed my new bolt handle from Sharp Shooter Supply, and I now have primary extraction! Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

kenickie22
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I shot my gun for the first time after installing the new bolt handle today. It extracts great now!