PDA

View Full Version : Rem-age barrels

jonmdavis
08-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Anyone shooting these and how are they working out..
Thank's for any help you can give...

Jon D

scope eye
08-08-2012, 03:35 PM
I have Two of them a 22-250 that I swapped for an 22-250 AI, and a 300RUM that I turned into a 338 EDGE, there great and I can screw back on they original barrel, and the head space comes out spot on every time, half the the folks at the range are mesmerized that you can do this, and they other half it makes there stomach turn, they say stuff like you ruined a perfectly good rifle, then I show them my 1/4 inch grouping and say imagine how tight my grouping would have been if I had not ruined it, I thrive on dirty looks.

Tanks Dean

leatherlunger
08-09-2012, 12:17 AM
i have a 3 Criterion Rem-Age barrels on three donor long actions i had. Jim at Northland Shooter supply was my biggest reason for not selling my remington's. He is a very helpful person with any questions or concerns you may have with the system. I have an18" bull .308, a 28" bull 6.5x47, and a 28" bull .284 WIN match. All of my barrels have the fastest available twists from cbi si i can stabilize the heavies. All guns were 1/2" or less in the first 100 rds at 100 yds and are consistantly in the 1/4" to 3/8" range (when i do everything im suppose to) now after a few hundred rounds in each. All three rifles were blueprinted using my PTG non-oversized receiver blueprinting kit and they were all three married up to lapped PTG one piece fluted bolts with m16 extractors. I bought go gauges for each job. I used .002 scotch tape trimmed onto the end of my go gauges as verification for no-go. All three chambers wont even come close to closing on a go gage with .002 added on. Probably a more precise fit than factory. These three rifles have really become my home grown dreams come true. I have plans of buying many many more barrels and actuons ti fill all my caliber needs. You wont regret a remage.