PDA

View Full Version : Add cheek rest to HS Precision stock?

mattri
08-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Have an H-S Precision stock for the 3 screw PTA with the aluminum bedding block, as seen here:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/785558/h-s-precision-pro-series-rifle-stock-savage-short-action-3-screw-target-action-single-shot-right-hand-bolt-left-hand-ejection-port-varmint-barrel-channel-synthetic-black

Would like to add a cheek rest, either saddle type or even just a solid foam piece.

Suggestions?

skypilot
08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I have a Karsten on a .243 bolt gun and like it. No issues installing, adjusting or using. I also use a "side saddle" with foam inserts on a tactical bolt rig and I'm pleased with it and no drilling is involved.

Balljoint
08-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Double ++ on the Karsten

brtelec
08-06-2012, 12:59 AM
I installed a Karsten on my H-S stock on my 338 LM 110fcp-HS. Karsten is a really nice Piece of equipment. Plus you can submerge it in boiling water and get a perfect fit to your stock.

mattri
08-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Good to know thanks.

Idaho-45
08-24-2012, 12:31 PM
If you don't want to drill holes in your stock, there are other options. I've put several padded cheek rests on my rifles. The nicest I've found lately are from Triad Tactical. I have no connection with them, except, having bought several of their rests. You can get them with, or, without pouches on the sides. The straps are plenty long, and, they are very adjustable. Just another suggestion for you.

mattri
08-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Since posting that question I've sold the HS and ordered a Stockade. I don't really like the drill in adjustable cheek rests, was thinking of using a hd foam and shaping it how I like, then maybe glueing it to the stock. I'll check out Triad for sure.

skypilot
08-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Since posting that question I've sold the HS and ordered a Stockade. I don't really like the drill in adjustable cheek rests, was thinking of using a hd foam and shaping it how I like, then maybe glueing it to the stock. I'll check out Triad for sure.

You can cut and shape the hd foam sheets, place them on the stock and slide an Uncle Mike's Nylon side saddle over.