PDA

View Full Version : Savage super sporter/30-30, best place to find info/pricing?

skoger
12-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Hope this is the place. Local gunshop has one for sale, one small ding on wood, rust blue 95%, walnut stock excellent. bore pristine. I would guess less than 2 boxes of ammo fired. I would think this would make a great little jump gun, with 130 Barnes triple shocks scooting along fast. Can be bought for about $325 out the door. All feedback appreciated.

Dan42nepa
12-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I just bought one last week. I got an exceptional deal at an estate auction and payed 170.00. It has open sights only but beautiful bluing and walnut stock. I actually shot it last weekend and got a 1 inch group at 50 yards. May have been luck more than skill because my eyes arent that good anymore. Its a nice shooting rifle and am debating mounting a scope but hate to have it drilled for mounts.

Dan

Mad Dog
12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Dan, there is a peep sight that you can usually find on Ebay every now and then called a Lyman #40 that will fit your guns without drilling, the holes are already there factory drilled. Might make it easier on your "old" eyes. :D

Skoger, thats a pretty fair price for one in the condition you described.

The 30-06's are the most commonly seen but the 30-30 is a close second, the 250's and 300's are the hard ones.